8.0.0 beta 1

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Frank Karlitschek-3
Hi everyone,


the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.

You find the download here:
http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2 

Please give this a very good test!

It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features

So what are the next steps?
Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.

The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features


Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.


Let me know if you have any questions.


Frank


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Vincent Petry
Hi,

Will there be a matching OBS package ?
I'd like to test this on my openSUSE server by upgrading the RPM package :-)

I see that the testing repo still has an older OC 7:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/isv:ownCloud:community:testing/owncloud

Thanks,

Vincent

On 18.01.2015 15:08, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>
> the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.
>
> You find the download here:
> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2 
>
> Please give this a very good test!
>
> It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
> So what are the next steps?
> Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.
>
> The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
>
> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.
>
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
>
> Frank
>
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/testpilots/attachments/20150119/a07b7be8/attachment.sig>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Tarmo Palm
In reply to this post by Frank Karlitschek-3
Hello!

Just upgraded my private testing installation to 8.0 beta 1. Web
interface is really snappy I must say!
Plugins on the other hand stopped working.

Tarmo Palm
Eesti Maa?likool
IT peaspetsialist (Windows ja *nix serverid)
telefon 5886 4677 / 7313053

18/01/15 16:08, Frank Karlitschek kirjutas:

> Hi everyone,
>
>
> the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.
>
> You find the download here:
> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2
>
> Please give this a very good test!
>
> It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
> So what are the next steps?
> Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.
>
> The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
>
> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.
>
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
>
> Frank
>
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Frank Karlitschek-4
Hi Tarma,

thanks for your feedback.
What exactly do you mean with stop working. Which plugins do you mean and what exactly happened?

Can you open a github issue that describes the bug?

Thanks a lot for your help with testing by the way :-)

Frank



> On 19.01.2015, at 07:19, Tarmo Palm <tarmo.palm at emu.ee> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> Just upgraded my private testing installation to 8.0 beta 1. Web interface is really snappy I must say!
> Plugins on the other hand stopped working.
>
> Tarmo Palm
> Eesti Maa?likool
> IT peaspetsialist (Windows ja *nix serverid)
> telefon 5886 4677 / 7313053
>
> 18/01/15 16:08, Frank Karlitschek kirjutas:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>>
>> the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.
>>
>> You find the download here:
>> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2
>>
>> Please give this a very good test!
>>
>> It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
>> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>>
>> So what are the next steps?
>> Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.
>>
>> The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
>> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>>
>>
>> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.
>>
>>
>> Let me know if you have any questions.
>>
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> testpilots mailing list
>> testpilots at owncloud.org
>> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots
>
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/testpilots/attachments/20150119/b8f2862e/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Daniel-2
Frank,

> thanks for your feedback.
> What exactly do you mean with stop working. Which plugins do you mean and what exactly happened?
>
> Can you open a github issue that describes the bug?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help with testing by the way :-)

I tried installing 8.0.0beta1, and the Contacts and Calender apps where not
enabled upon start. When I tried to add (+) them, each of them gave an error
message something along the lines of "package [?] does not have info.xml
[?]". Maybe that's Indicating some kind of incompatibility.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Jose Miguel Lopez Coronado
Dear all.

I had the same 'info.xml' problem yesterday when trying to activate any
of the applications that were inactive.

Best wishes.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

El 20/1/15 a las 8:52, Daniel escribi?:

> Frank,
>
>> thanks for your feedback.
>> What exactly do you mean with stop working. Which plugins do you mean and what exactly happened?
>>
>> Can you open a github issue that describes the bug?
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your help with testing by the way :-)
> I tried installing 8.0.0beta1, and the Contacts and Calender apps where not
> enabled upon start. When I tried to add (+) them, each of them gave an error
> message something along the lines of "package [?] does not have info.xml
> [?]". Maybe that's Indicating some kind of incompatibility.
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/testpilots/attachments/20150120/4aa28493/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Thomas Müller-3
I assume this is because calendar and contacts are loaded from the  
appstore where we are hosting placeholders which are no true apps?


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Tarmo Palm
In reply to this post by Frank Karlitschek-4
Hi!

I try to work with github issue first thing in the morning. Main thing
is that none of the plugins installed previously work. Trying reinstall
will end up in error about info.xml. Old apps I copied into /apps folder
dont show up in the list.


Tarmo Palm
Estonian University of Life Sciences
Senior IT specialst (*nix servers)
telephone 372 5886 4677 / 372 7313053

20/01/15 03:31, Frank Karlitschek kirjutas:

> Hi Tarma,
>
> thanks for your feedback.
> What exactly do you mean with stop working. Which plugins do you mean
> and what exactly happened?
>
> Can you open a github issue that describes the bug?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help with testing by the way :-)
>
> Frank
>
>
>
>> On 19.01.2015, at 07:19, Tarmo Palm <tarmo.palm at emu.ee
>> <mailto:tarmo.palm at emu.ee>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Just upgraded my private testing installation to 8.0 beta 1. Web
>> interface is really snappy I must say!
>> Plugins on the other hand stopped working.
>>
>> Tarmo Palm
>> Eesti Maa?likool
>> IT peaspetsialist (Windows ja *nix serverid)
>> telefon 5886 4677 / 7313053
>>
>> 18/01/15 16:08, Frank Karlitschek kirjutas:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>> the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.
>>>
>>> You find the download here:
>>> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> Please give this a very good test!
>>>
>>> It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add
>>> the features that where added in case something is missing.
>>> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>>>
>>> So what are the next steps?
>>> Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for
>>> the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.
>>>
>>> The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
>>> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud
>>> in general. This is the work of an awesome community.
>>>
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any questions.
>>>
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> testpilots mailing list
>>> testpilots at owncloud.org
>>> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> testpilots mailing list
>> testpilots at owncloud.org <mailto:testpilots at owncloud.org>
>> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/testpilots/attachments/20150120/6462f46e/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

8.0.0 beta 1

Kirk Slowe
In reply to this post by Frank Karlitschek-3
My install stalled on the upgrade.

Gave this error message:
> PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 3600 seconds exceeded in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php on line 91




> On Jan 18, 2015, at 7:08 AM, Frank Karlitschek <frank at owncloud.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
>
> the ownCloud 8.0 beta 1 release is done and ready.
>
> You find the download here:
> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta1.tar.bz2 
>
> Please give this a very good test!
>
> It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
> So what are the next steps?
> Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.
>
> The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features
>
>
> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.
>
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
>
> Frank
>
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/testpilots/attachments/20150124/ad704981/attachment.html>