8.0.0 beta 2

Frank Karlitschek-3
Hi everyone,

the ownCloud 8.0 beta 2 release is done and ready.

You find the download here:
http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0beta2.tar.bz2

Please give this a very good test!

It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features

So what are the next steps?
Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next two weeks so that we have a great release end of January.

The full release schedule is on the botton of this page:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: 8.0.0 beta 2

Jose Miguel Lopez Coronado
Hi.

I've just updated to 8.0.0 beta2 and had the same problem trying to enable apps like calendar, bookmarks, texteditor: 'App does not provide an info.xml file'

Any idea?

Thanks.

Jose.

El 26/1/15 a las 6:17, Frank Karlitschek escribió:
[...]

Dear Thomas.

Thanks for the reply.

Best wishes.

Jose Miguel Lopez-Coronado, PhD.
Coleccion Española de Cultivos Tipo (CECT)
Edificio 3 CUE. Parc Científic Universitat de Valencia
Catedrático Agustín Escardino, 9
46980 Paterna (Valencia). España
www.cect.org
Tel.: +34 96 354 46 12

El 29/1/15 a las 10:47, Thomas Müller escribió:
Hi Jose,

this is a know issue we have been working on the past days.

This will be solved with the next release.

Thanks,

Thomas

Am Montag, den 26.01.2015 um 15:15 schrieb Jose Miguel Lopez Coronado:
[...]

Kirk Slowe
I’m having trouble upgrading. I don’t have any 3rd party apps installed. Is there any way around this?

sudo php occ upgrade --skip-migration-test
Turned on maintenance mode
Updated database
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 3600 seconds exceeded in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php on line 91

kirk