8.0 RC1

Frank Karlitschek-3
Hi everyone,

the ownCloud 8.0 RC1 release is done and ready.

You find the download here:
http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-8.0.0RC1.tar.bz2

Please give this a very good test!

It would be great if everyone would go over the wiki page and add the features that where added in case something is missing.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8-Features

So what are the next steps?
Please concentrate on testing and fixing showstopper bugs only for the next few days. It is possible that we release the final version a few days later than the original schedule because of the needed additional testing.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release in ownCloud in general. This is the work of an awesome community.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: 8.0 RC1

Vincent Petry
Hi,

I have upgraded my personal instance to 8.0 RC1 (openSUSE package) and
everything seems to work fine. I had to re-enable calendar/contacts by
installing them from the app store, which is expected.

In my setup I have encryption enabled with 2 users, MySQL and a few
shares. Working fine so far.

Cheers,

Vincent