8.2 -> 9.2, contacts and calendar apps need to be upgraded by point release too?

8.2 -> 9.2, contacts and calendar apps need to be upgraded by point release too?

Marco Gaiarin

I want to upgrade my current 8.2 release to 9.2, but i use extensively
contacts and calendar app.
I know i've to migrate by point release (latest 8.2 -> latest 9.0 -> latest
9.1 -> latest 9.2).

Looking at:
        http://morrisjobke.de/2016/03/07/ownCloud-9.0-calendar-migration-analysis/

seems that in 8.2 -> 9.0 migration, contacts and calendar get migrated and
integrated in 'core', so a custom procedure was setup to
troubleshoot/migrate it. Good.

But i've not understood if i've also to 'point-migrate' contacts and
calendar apps, or i can safely:

 a) migrate core 8.2 -> 9.0 and verify that calendar and contacts get
  correctly migrated via SQL query.

 b) migrate core (not apps!) 9.0 -> 9.1 -> 9.2

 c) install (and upgrade) latest calendar and contacts app

I hope i was clear. Thanks.

--
  C'era un tempo in cui l'Italia era sull'orlo di un precipizio.
  Ma grazie a Berlusconi abbiamo fatto un passo avanti. (?)