9.1.0 beta1 is out

C. Montero-Luque

Hi

These are the archives for 9.1.0 beta1. This corresponds generally to a functional freeze for this release (a couple of small exceptions may still occur). Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the effort to get to this first beta. Please help us test this new version as thoroughly as possible, lots of things to fix and harden before the release date. We have a longer period than usual for beta this time around, hopefully we can have a second beta within a week or near that. We hope to be ready for release around the second week in July.

Cheers!

Carlos

———————————
C. Montero Luque
Vice President of Engineering

Re: 9.1.0 beta1 is out

tflidd
Is there already a list with the new features? The github-wiki is still
empty:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features

Cheers,
tflidd

Am 25.05.2016 um 19:59 schrieb C. Montero-Luque:

> Hi
>
> These are the archives for 9.1.0 beta1. This corresponds generally to a
> functional freeze for this release (a couple of small exceptions may
> still occur). Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the effort to
> get to this first beta. Please help us test this new version as
> thoroughly as possible, lots of things to fix and harden before the
> release date. We have a longer period than usual for beta this time
> around, hopefully we can have a second beta within a week or near that.
> We hope to be ready for release around the second week in July.
>
>> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-9.1.0beta1.zip
>> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-9.1.0beta1.tar.bz2
>
> Cheers!
>
> Carlos
>

> ———————————
> C. Montero Luque
> Vice President of Engineering

Re: 9.1.0 beta1 is out

Daniel Hansson-2
Thanks! So many great improvements in this new release! Can't wait until this is in production. Really great job guys.

If you want to try it out and give it a good test, just download the BETA VM from here: https://www.techandme.se/pre-configured-owncloud-installaton/

The installation is automated and everything is set up. Enjoy!

Best Regards
Daniel Hansson
Tech and Me
www.techandme.se

On 05/25/2016 07:59 PM, C. Montero-Luque wrote:

[...]

Some info was actually added quite recently. One thing that really caught my mind was:
  • Pluggable Auth - Updating the ownCloud server to enable easier implementation / activation of different authentication mechanisms, such as the L2 request for 2 Factor Auth owncloud/core#23458
  • Internal 2 Factor - After creating a more modular authentication mechanism, this will allow an admin to use email to provide a second factor for ownCloud logins. Note: this has mobile and desktop implications for it to be completed. #1211
1. Does that mean you can start working on client certificate authentication i.e use certificate attributes in the login process using "Pluggable Auth"?

2. Btw, does anyone know if the internal virtual filesystem utilizes some kind of general authentication and permission control on the file level (besides add, change and delete). If not, would it be possible to implement a similar "Pluggable Auth" on the virtual file system with a decent amount of work?
--

Cheers, Lars.
26 maj 2016 kl. 01:04 skrev tflidd <[hidden email]>:

[...]

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>