About big file on jffs2 filesystem

e-eo
hi, Rhodes,

I selceted yaffs2 to builed in the kernel and recompiled the kernel source, when I do mount get the error as bellow:

root@192.168.1.168:~# mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/fonts/
yaffs: dev is 32505861 name is "mtdblock5"
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtdblock5,
       or too many mounted file systems
and I try to use mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/fonts/, it is ok. but after I cp some files to this partition and
reboot, found the size of those files are Zero.
BTW:I do it as the way of link you posted.

Best Regards!
2009-11-02

e-eo

???? Brian G Rhodes
????? 2009-11-01  17:40:07
???? e-eo
??? davinci-linux-open-source
??? Re: About big file on jffs2 filesystem

e-eo wrote:
> hi, all,
> Reboot the system when operating the big file on jffs2 filesystem
> based nandflash. this operation allways lead the file system CRC wrong
> when mounting. But deal with small file not cause this problem. how to
> solve this problem. give me some advices.

I would strongly recommend using yaffs2 if your filesystem needs to
handle unexpected reboots while the filesystem is writable.
http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php?title=Filesystem_in_NOR_or_NAND#YAFFS2

About big file on jffs2 filesystem

e-eo

I am using the kernel of dvesdk package, and have files under fs/yaffs2/ directory

and my .config file as bellow:

CONFIG_YAFFS_FS=y
CONFIG_YAFFS_YAFFS1=y
#CONFIG_YAFFS_DOES_ECC is not set
CONFIG_YAFFS_YAFFS2=y
CONFIG_YAFFS_DISABLE_CHUNK_ERASED_CHECK=y
CONFIG_YAFFS_SHORT_NAMES_IN_RAM=y

is it not be build into the kernel?

Best Regards!

2009-11-03

e-eo

???? Brian Rhodes
????? 2009-11-03  10:08:01
???? e-eo
???

e-eo wrote:

> hi, Rhodes,
>
> I selceted yaffs2 to builed in the kernel and recompiled the kernel
> source, when I do mount get the error as bellow:
>
> root@192.168.1.168:~# mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/fonts/
> yaffs: dev is 32505861 name is "mtdblock5"
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtdblock5,
>        or too many mounted file systems
> and I try to use mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/fonts/, it is ok.
> but after I cp some files to this partition and
> reboot, found the size of those files are Zero.
> BTW:I do it as the way of link you posted.
>
> Best Regards!
Unmount the filesystem and do
flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/fonts
I do not believe yaffs2 support is in any kernels yet, so you need to
patch your kernel, or build the module out-of-tree.