Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Leo Francisco
Hi all,

I was just wondering if the Calendar and Contacts apps are no longer
being maintained? I'm only seeing Bookmarks in the experimental apps page.

It's a real blow to lose them in 8.1 that's pushing us towards
proprietary solutions such as Google again.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation? It wasn't clear from

Thanks
Leo

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Chris-3

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Leo Francisco
Hmm, I only have "enabled" and "not enabled" in terms of categories.
I've had some problems with this upgrade, it hasn't gone smoothly.

I'm going to try a fresh set up for 8.1 and see if that solves everything.

Thanks
Leo

On 02/08/15 16:36, Chris wrote:

> Both apps are still available for download from the appstore:
>
> https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Calendar?content=168707
>
> and also within the "Productivity" category of your apps page.

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Johnny Null
Can confirm. I did my first ever install on ... Thursday (?). I was surprised at how much work the whole thing took, but Calendar was available. I have it up and running.

~ Johnny

On August 4, 2015 9:14:01 AM EDT, Leo Francisco <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hmm, I only have "enabled" and "not enabled" in terms of categories.
>I've had some problems with this upgrade, it hasn't gone smoothly.
>
>I'm going to try a fresh set up for 8.1 and see if that solves
>everything.
>
>Thanks
>Leo
>

>On 02/08/15 16:36, Chris wrote:
>> Both apps are still available for download from the appstore:
>>
>> https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Calendar?content=168707
>>
>> and also within the "Productivity" category of your apps page.

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Chris-3

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Leo Francisco
That could well be the problem. My install is on a crappy Cent OS shared
hosting thing which I imagine has loads of old packages. I'm moving to a
fresh install on a dedicated VPS.

Many Thanks
Leo

oc

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

oc
Another alternative, in this situation, is to use the Bitnami ownCloud
stack. I can attest that it worked perfectly on a Centos 6.6 test machine.

Jim

On 08/04/2015 05:40 PM, Leo Francisco wrote:

> That could well be the problem. My install is on a crappy Cent OS shared
> hosting thing which I imagine has loads of old packages. I'm moving to a
> fresh install on a dedicated VPS.
>
> Many Thanks
> Leo
>
> On 04/08/15 14:15, Chris wrote:
>>> Hmm, I only have "enabled" and "not enabled" in terms of categories.
>> Could be related to the bugs in OpenSSL / NSS libraries which are causing a
>> failed connection to the appstore. The upcoming oC 8.1.1 whill show if your
>> operating system.is running this buggy libraries.

Re: Calendar and Contacts now unavailable

Leo Francisco
After setting up a new server from scratch, everything seems to be
working fine. Thanks everyone for your advice.