Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Andrea Croci
Hi, I have updated OC from 8.2.2 to 9.0. Somehow the settings were
reset. Where can I setup the clock (12/24 h) and the first day of the week?

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Georg Ehrke-5
Hi,

These settings were removed and will automatically be determined based on the language you use.

Cheers,
Georg

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have updated OC from 8.2.2 to 9.0. Somehow the settings were reset. Where can I setup the clock (12/24 h) and the first day of the week?

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Joseph Hogan
I think that this might be a mistake.

12/24 time is often a personal choice, and first day of the week can be
based on many things besides by the language you speak.

This is definitely a preference choice that should be available to those
using the system, and not automatically attributed by the person who
designed the software, and how they set the settings up per language.

Joseph

On 03-14-16 8:41 AM, Georg Ehrke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These settings were removed and will automatically be determined based on the language you use.
>
> Cheers,
> Georg
>
>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I have updated OC from 8.2.2 to 9.0. Somehow the settings were reset. Where can I setup the clock (12/24 h) and the first day of the week?

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Andrea Croci
Mmh, this is not very nice: I use the operating system in english, but I
live in a country where time is in 24h format and the week starts on a
Monday. I guess it wouldn't be possible to have the settings back any
time soon, right?

(BTW, I'm in the list, thank you).

On 14.03.2016 13:41, Georg Ehrke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These settings were removed and will automatically be determined based on the language you use.
>
> Cheers,
> Georg
>
>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I have updated OC from 8.2.2 to 9.0. Somehow the settings were reset. Where can I setup the clock (12/24 h) and the first day of the week?

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Georg Ehrke-5
You can use British english.
It starts on Mondays, it’s 24h and you don’t have to suffer from the Month/Day/Year format ;)

Cheers,
Georg

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mmh, this is not very nice: I use the operating system in english, but I live in a country where time is in 24h format and the week starts on a Monday. I guess it wouldn't be possible to have the settings back any time soon, right?
>
> (BTW, I'm in the list, thank you).
>
> On 14.03.2016 13:41, Georg Ehrke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> These settings were removed and will automatically be determined based on the language you use.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Georg
>>
>>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I have updated OC from 8.2.2 to 9.0. Somehow the settings were reset. Where can I setup the clock (12/24 h) and the first day of the week?

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Charles Curley
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:54:34 +0100
Georg Ehrke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can use British english.
> It starts on Mondays, it’s 24h and you don’t have to suffer from the
> Month/Day/Year format ;)

And has U in everything.

That's a work-around not available to everyone.

How about doing this: you use the locale, unless the user overrides it
with a per-user setting?

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV

Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0  809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Andrea Croci
I tried this (ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS). It didn't work.

On 14.03.2016 13:54, Georg Ehrke wrote:

> You can use British english.
> It starts on Mondays, it’s 24h and you don’t have to suffer from the Month/Day/Year format ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Georg
>
>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Mmh, this is not very nice: I use the operating system in english, but I live in a country where time is in 24h format and the week starts on a Monday. I guess it wouldn't be possible to have the settings back any time soon, right?
>>
>> (BTW, I'm in the list, thank you).
>>
>> On 14.03.2016 13:41, Georg Ehrke wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> These settings were removed and will automatically be determined based on the language you use.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Georg

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Georg Ehrke-5
What local did you change?
The setting in your personal page in ownCloud?

Cheers,
Georg

cc @jan

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:59 PM, Robin Appelman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 14 March 2016 13:54:34 CET Georg Ehrke wrote:
>> You can use British english.
>> It starts on Mondays, it’s 24h and you don’t have to suffer from the
>> Month/Day/Year format ;)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Georg
>
> Overall I feel locale (datetime format, calendar type, metric vs imperial,
> etc) should be separate from language, there are plenty of cases where those
> two don't match up nicely (countries using multiple languages, a language
> being spoken in multiple countries)
>
> - Robin Appelman

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Andrea Croci
No, the settings for the whole operating system.

On 14.03.2016 14:57, Georg Ehrke wrote:

> What local did you change?
> The setting in your personal page in ownCloud?
>
> Cheers,
> Georg
>
>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 2:30 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I tried this (ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS). It didn't work.
>>
>> On 14.03.2016 13:54, Georg Ehrke wrote:
>>> You can use British english.
>>> It starts on Mondays, it’s 24h and you don’t have to suffer from the Month/Day/Year format ;)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Georg

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Georg Ehrke-5
Please change the one in the personal settings :)

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 3:03 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, the settings for the whole operating system.
>
> On 14.03.2016 14:57, Georg Ehrke wrote:
>> What local did you change?
>> The setting in your personal page in ownCloud?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Georg
>>
>>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 2:30 PM, Andrea Croci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried this (ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS). It didn't work.

Re: Calendar app settings in OC 9.0

Andrea Croci
Beautiful: it worked great. Thank you.