Can't write into config directory!

Aziz
Hi OC Users,

I'm trying to install OwnCloud in a Centos 7 virtual machine, and got stuck in post installation steps with error shown in the subject.

OwnCloud directory is located in /var/www/html folder and I gave all the permissions for all users using the command chmod 777 -R /var/www/html/owncloud/

I also tried to run the bash script, from the following page : https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions

Does anyone of you guys have a hint on how to resolve this ?

Thank you all.

Re: Can't write into config directory!

Emil Lefherz

Hi Aziz,

your config directory should be somewhere else, probably in your home directory or so. Which way do you use to install the ownCloud, the tarball?

You should not give 777 permissions to the webroot directory for security reasons. Trust the script ;)

Best,

Emil

On 14.05.2018 18:02, Aziz wrote:
Hi OC Users,

I'm trying to install OwnCloud in a Centos 7 virtual machine, and got stuck in post installation steps with error shown in the subject.

OwnCloud directory is located in /var/www/html folder and I gave all the permissions for all users using the command chmod 777 -R /var/www/html/owncloud/

I also tried to run the bash script, from the following page : https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions

Does anyone of you guys have a hint on how to resolve this ?

Thank you all.

Re: Can't write into config directory!

Aziz
Hi again and thank you for your feedback.

@Emil, yes I'm using tar file, but I didn't understand the first part of your answer, "config directory should be somewhere else", do you mean the config directory shouldn't be in the web server root directory ? I'm using the following guide as reference : https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html

For the permissions, it's a test environment, so it's fine.

@ Carlos, I got the following error :

Can't write into config directory!

This can usually be fixed by <a href="https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">giving the webserver write access to the config directory</a>.

Thank you all.

Hi,

On 14.05.2018 18:02, Aziz wrote:
Hi OC Users,

I'm trying to install OwnCloud in a Centos 7 virtual machine, and got stuck in post installation steps with error shown in the subject.

OwnCloud directory is located in /var/www/html folder and I gave all the permissions for all users using the command chmod 777 -R /var/www/html/owncloud/

I also tried to run the bash script, from the following page : https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions

Does anyone of you guys have a hint on how to resolve this ?

Thank you all.

Re: Can't write into config directory!

450084394239
I would check things like SELinux and similar.

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: Can't write into config directory!

Emil Lefherz

apparently it can be in the webroot directory, don't worry. is it there in your case? Because the errors do imply that it isn't there.

best,

Emil

On 14.05.2018 18:28, Aziz wrote:
[...]

You didn't write exactly which is the error you have. The  permits should