CentOS 6 and software collections with 8.1.1

CentOS 6 and software collections with 8.1.1

Lamar Owen
Good morning.

I've been running Owncloud 8.x on CentOS 6 using the package repository
and the owncloud-server-scl-php54.noarch package.  This has been working
fine, until 8.1.0 was released, at which point a yum update keeps
wanting to install the plain 'owncloud-server' package instead.

Now that 8.1.1 is out, there is no longer a owncloud-server-scl-php54
package; is this intentional, or does anyone know if there will be an
SCL-compatible package for CentOS 6?

Re: CentOS 6 and software collections with 8.1.1

Chris-3

On 08/11/2015 12:15 PM, Chris wrote:
>> Now that 8.1.1 is out, there is no longer a owncloud-server-scl-php54
>> package; is this intentional,
> seems this is intentional:
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/17654#issuecomment-122385833
Hmmm.  Chris, thanks for the reply.  However, the package doesn't show
up in the other CentOS 6 repo, either.  I'll look a bit closer, but one
of the comments in the github thread say that it's not for
production...... ok, filing an issue at github.......