Change username of owncloud users

Bert Haverkamp
Dear all,

First of all, happy newyear! Thank you for this great project! I hope
2014 will bring a lot of new features.
One question. Is there an easy way to change the username of an owncloud
user?
I started using int for my family and used just first names. But I want
to move away from this to use email address formats, as both me and my
wife have a private and work account and I have enabled roundcube within
owncould. So Bert should become [hidden email], etc.
Is it a matter of a single table to edit in the database and renaming
the data directories, or is there more to it?

Kind regards,

Bert

Re: Change username of owncloud users

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
On 02.01.2014 15:21, Bert Haverkamp wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> First of all, happy newyear! Thank you for this great project! I hope
> 2014 will bring a lot of new features.
> One question. Is there an easy way to change the username of an owncloud
> user?
> I started using int for my family and used just first names. But I want
> to move away from this to use email address formats, as both me and my
> wife have a private and work account and I have enabled roundcube within
> owncould. So Bert should become [hidden email], etc.
> Is it a matter of a single table to edit in the database and renaming
> the data directories, or is there more to it?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bert

You'd need to change it in all occurrences where the username is made us
of, which can be in several tables (also possible for tables provided by
3rd party apps) as this is used as key for users. And yes, you would
also need to rename the user directories in data/. There is no
programmatic mechanism implemented to do it. Never forget the backup.

Cheers
Arthur