Conference slide template for talks

Bernhard Posselt-2
Hi conference attendees,

I didn't find any templates for the conference slides yet, so I've
started a project which can be used as a starting point. It's based on
remarkjs (http://remarkjs.com) and uses Markdown for creating the slides
which are rendered using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. This makes it very
easy to modify and add syntaxhighlighted code.

I know that you can also use LaTex to create PDFs with syntax
highlighted code but I suppose the devs that will attend the conference
and hold a talk will be more familiar with the usual webstack and Markdown

The project is by far complete, I hope the design will be improved a lot
by various pull requests. The repository is on github:
https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud-conference-slide-template

Re: Conference slide template for talks

Jos Poortvliet
On Friday 18 July 2014 14:36:53 Bernhard Posselt wrote:

> Hi conference attendees,
>
> I didn't find any templates for the conference slides yet, so I've
> started a project which can be used as a starting point. It's based on
> remarkjs (http://remarkjs.com) and uses Markdown for creating the slides
> which are rendered using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. This makes it very
> easy to modify and add syntaxhighlighted code.
>
> I know that you can also use LaTex to create PDFs with syntax
> highlighted code but I suppose the devs that will attend the conference
> and hold a talk will be more familiar with the usual webstack and Markdown
>
> The project is by far complete, I hope the design will be improved a lot
> by various pull requests. The repository is on github:
> https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud-conference-slide-template
Great to have a slide template for the conf - I'd really like to have one for
generic ownCloud presentations, too.

For the workshops you can use your own laptop but note that for the lightning
talks, I need slides send to me in advance so I can create a single, large
PDF out of it so we don't waste time changing laptops...  So a PDF output
would be needed for that ;-)

Re: Conference slide template for talks

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-4
I recommend using Reveal.js: http://lab.hakim.se/reveal-js/#/

It’s widely used and well-maintained. It even has a plugin for PDF
export.
You can find a presentation I did with it in my slides repository:
https://github.com/jancborchardt/slides
And feel free to use the ownCloud theme (owncloud.css)

The typeface we use for ownCloud now is »Open Sans« so I recommend that.

On Mo 21 Jul 2014 12:03:08 CEST, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> On Friday 18 July 2014 14:36:53 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
>> Hi conference attendees,
>>
>> I didn't find any templates for the conference slides yet, so I've
>> started a project which can be used as a starting point. It's based on
>> remarkjs (http://remarkjs.com) and uses Markdown for creating the slides
>> which are rendered using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. This makes it very
>> easy to modify and add syntaxhighlighted code.
>>
>> I know that you can also use LaTex to create PDFs with syntax
>> highlighted code but I suppose the devs that will attend the conference
>> and hold a talk will be more familiar with the usual webstack and Markdown
>>
>> The project is by far complete, I hope the design will be improved a lot
>> by various pull requests. The repository is on github:
>> https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud-conference-slide-template
>
> Great to have a slide template for the conf - I'd really like to have one for
> generic ownCloud presentations, too.
>
> For the workshops you can use your own laptop but note that for the lightning
> talks, I need slides send to me in advance so I can create a single, large
> PDF out of it so we don't waste time changing laptops...  So a PDF output
> would be needed for that ;-)

Re: Conference slide template for talks

Bernhard Posselt-2
Thanks, will try to port it to reveal :P

On 07/21/2014 12:27 PM, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:

> I recommend using Reveal.js: http://lab.hakim.se/reveal-js/#/
>
> It’s widely used and well-maintained. It even has a plugin for PDF
> export.
> You can find a presentation I did with it in my slides repository:
> https://github.com/jancborchardt/slides
> And feel free to use the ownCloud theme (owncloud.css)
>
> The typeface we use for ownCloud now is »Open Sans« so I recommend that.
>

> On Mo 21 Jul 2014 12:03:08 CEST, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
>> On Friday 18 July 2014 14:36:53 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
>>> Hi conference attendees,
>>>
>>> I didn't find any templates for the conference slides yet, so I've
>>> started a project which can be used as a starting point. It's based on
>>> remarkjs (http://remarkjs.com) and uses Markdown for creating the
>>> slides
>>> which are rendered using HTML, JavaScript and CSS. This makes it very
>>> easy to modify and add syntaxhighlighted code.
>>>
>>> I know that you can also use LaTex to create PDFs with syntax
>>> highlighted code but I suppose the devs that will attend the conference
>>> and hold a talk will be more familiar with the usual webstack and
>>> Markdown
>>>
>>> The project is by far complete, I hope the design will be improved a
>>> lot
>>> by various pull requests. The repository is on github:
>>> https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud-conference-slide-template
>>
>> Great to have a slide template for the conf - I'd really like to have
>> one for
>> generic ownCloud presentations, too.
>>
>> For the workshops you can use your own laptop but note that for the
>> lightning
>> talks, I need slides send to me in advance so I can create a single,
>> large
>> PDF out of it so we don't waste time changing laptops...  So a PDF
>> output
>> would be needed for that ;-)

Re: Conference slide template for talks

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-4
I’ll update my theme as well anyway cause I need to give a talk this
Saturday.

Btw for anyone wanting to have an easier way to create their
presentations, Reveal.js also has a good online editor at
http://slides.com/

On Mo 21 Jul 2014 12:31:49 CEST, Bernhard Posselt wrote:

> Thanks, will try to port it to reveal :P
>
> On 07/21/2014 12:27 PM, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
>> I recommend using Reveal.js: http://lab.hakim.se/reveal-js/#/
>>
>> It’s widely used and well-maintained. It even has a plugin for PDF
>> export.
>> You can find a presentation I did with it in my slides repository:
>> https://github.com/jancborchardt/slides
>> And feel free to use the ownCloud theme (owncloud.css)
>>
>> The typeface we use for ownCloud now is »Open Sans« so I recommend that.

>>> Great to have a slide template for the conf - I'd really like to
>>> have one for
>>> generic ownCloud presentations, too.
>>>
>>> For the workshops you can use your own laptop but note that for the
>>> lightning
>>> talks, I need slides send to me in advance so I can create a single,
>>> large
>>> PDF out of it so we don't waste time changing laptops...  So a PDF
>>> output
>>> would be needed for that ;-)

Re: Conference slide template for talks

Alessandro Cosentino
In fact, brush off Robin's reveal.js owncloud app and dogfood!
https://github.com/icewind1991/reveal