Contributing

Cosmin Gorgovan
Hello,

I am interested in contributing to ownCloud as part of GSoC. I was
initially planning to go for the synchronization client, but it looks
like Hasanat beat me to that[1] . At the moment, I am looking for
something more challenging than the other proposed project[2] (the Photo
gallery). This being the case, I'm hoping we can still find another project.

I'm a first year CS student with an interest in distributed systems. I
have worked with Python, Ruby, PHP, Java and C++. More recently I've
looked into (Py)GTK and some time ago I've used Qt with the C++ bindings.

 From the previous discussion, I got that ownCloud might not use webdav
in the future (please correct me if I'm wrong). Given this, I'm thinking
that implementing a FUSE[3] plugin for mounting the filesystem might be
wanted, as this item can be found in the feature list[4].

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Cosmin

[1]: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2010-March/000011.html
[2]: http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas#ownCloud
[3]: http://fuse.sourceforge.net/
[4]: http://owncloud.org/index.php/Features#Access

Contributing

Frank Karlitschek

On 19.03.2010, at 05:52, Cosmin Gorgovan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in contributing to ownCloud as part of GSoC. I was initially planning to go for the synchronization client, but it looks like Hasanat beat me to that[1] . At the moment, I am looking for something more challenging than the other proposed project[2] (the Photo gallery). This being the case, I'm hoping we can still find another project.
>
> I'm a first year CS student with an interest in distributed systems. I have worked with Python, Ruby, PHP, Java and C++. More recently I've looked into (Py)GTK and some time ago I've used Qt with the C++ bindings.
>
> From the previous discussion, I got that ownCloud might not use webdav in the future (please correct me if I'm wrong). Given this, I'm thinking that implementing a FUSE[3] plugin for mounting the filesystem might be wanted, as this item can be found in the feature list[4].
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Cosmin

Hi Cosim,

yes. I nice GUI to mound and unmount fuse filesystems (webdav) would be great.

I?m not sure what the workflow is now.
@Lydia: Is there still time to add this new idea to the idea wiki page? Or what do you suggest? :-)

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Contributing

Lydia Pintscher
Hi folks :)

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 07:40, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:

> On 19.03.2010, at 05:52, Cosmin Gorgovan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am interested in contributing to ownCloud as part of GSoC. I was initially planning to go for the synchronization client, but it looks like Hasanat beat me to that[1] . At the moment, I am looking for something more challenging than the other proposed project[2] (the Photo gallery). This being the case, I'm hoping we can still find another project.

So far no-one has beat you to anything. Make a great proposal and you
have a chance with the sync client. There is no reserving of ideas or
anything like that. There will be more than one proposal for pretty
much every project on that list and we will have to pick later.

>> I'm a first year CS student with an interest in distributed systems. I have worked with Python, Ruby, PHP, Java and C++. More recently I've looked into (Py)GTK and some time ago I've used Qt with the C++ bindings.
>>
>> From the previous discussion, I got that ownCloud might not use webdav in the future (please correct me if I'm wrong). Given this, I'm thinking that implementing a FUSE[3] plugin for mounting the filesystem might be wanted, as this item can be found in the feature list[4].
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cosmin
>
> Hi Cosim,
>
> yes. I nice GUI to mound and unmount fuse filesystems (webdav) would be great.
>
> I?m not sure what the workflow is now.
> @Lydia: Is there still time to add this new idea to the idea wiki page? Or what do you suggest? :-)

Yes there is still time to add it. Please do.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher