Customizing the desktop client

JORDAN, Barry A

Since compiling works for me now I am looking to do a bit of customization for my organization. Since I will want to control the user experience and ensure there are minimal hiccups when deploying the desktop client, I am seeking clarification on the following items.

Which files and where in the source code do I modify to achieve the

following:

1.       Changing the display name of the application

2.       Permanently specifying the server URL

3.       Disabling auto-update and update notification checks

4.       Specifying an alternative default location for the sync folder

5.       Specifying additional excluded file types

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Regards, Barry.

Re: Customizing the desktop client

Hefee
Hey,

> 1.       Changing the display name of the application
Modify OWNCLOUD.cmake

>2.       Permanently specifying the server URL
should be in:
src/mirall/owncloudsetuppage.ui
src/mirall/owncloudsetupwizard.*

> 3.       Disabling auto-update and update notification checks
for using the configfile:
http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.5/autoupdate.html

a permanent disabling see:
[1] debian/patches/0001-disable-updatecheck.patch
or
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/pull/1479

Maybe also interessting for you is modifying the info box:
[1] debian/patches/0004-debian_version.patch
or
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/pull/1477

Regards,

hefee

[1] debian git:
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-owncloud/owncloud-client.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-owncloud/owncloud-client.git

Re: Customizing the desktop client

JORDAN, Barry A
Thanks for the info Hefee

I managed to modify the application's display name and I even found a way to disable the update check.

What I can't seem to understand is how to specify the server URL in the files you suggested.

Regards, Barry

Re: Customizing the desktop client

Daniel Molkentin
Hi Barry,

Am 23.03.2014 um 15:24 schrieb JORDAN, Barry A:

Thanks for the info Hefee

I managed to modify the application's display name and I even found a way to disable the update check.

What I can't seem to understand is how to specify the server URL in the files you suggested.

All tunables are in OWNCLOUD.cmake and theme.h. You are looking for

QString Theme:: overrideServerUrl() const

Override it in your Theme sublclass and return a non-empty string order to have a pre-defined URL.

Daniel

--
www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: Customizing the desktop client

angme
I am new to the forum . I can not write well in English , but I want your help if possible !! .
Would you like to learn how to customize the client sync owncloud .
Actually would like a step by step, because I did not find the files needed for this change.
Owncloud installed in a hosting and would like to customize both the web ( got ) as the client sync , this is possible ???

Re: Customizing the desktop client

stringsof12
What's the likelihood of this working with the newest release 2.1? Looks like there's been some major improvements since 1.7.

Thanks!

Re: Customizing the desktop client

xtbing
 hi :
     I want to learn how to development the owncloud sync client 。could you send me some resources or articles about how to debug client source code and which IDE you use .I am confused by this, help me ~~
     Looking forward to your reply~
     best regards~