DM6446 ASP and EMAC

Ryan Talbot
We're currently using a 2.6.28 kernel running on a custom DM6446-based
board.  We have a PCM3008 device interfaced to the DM6446 via I2S.  Our
board is based off of the Lyrtech SFFSDR board, so we are essentially
using the snd-soc-sffsdr driver.  Everything seems to succeed when
modprobing snd-soc-sffsdr, in that the module init function completes
succesfully and the PCM3008 is detected.  Immediately after that,
however, the ethernet port goes down and both the link and activity leds
turn off.

We backported the 2.6.29 ALSA source to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?  Is there some 'gotcha'
interaction between these two peripherals that we weren't aware of?
Googling has turned up nothing.

Thanks for any help,
Ryan Talbot

DM6446 ASP and EMAC

Steve Chen
On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 18:55 -0500, Ryan Talbot wrote:

> We're currently using a 2.6.28 kernel running on a custom DM6446-based
> board.  We have a PCM3008 device interfaced to the DM6446 via I2S.
> Our board is based off of the Lyrtech SFFSDR board, so we are
> essentially using the snd-soc-sffsdr driver.  Everything seems to
> succeed when modprobing snd-soc-sffsdr, in that the module init
> function completes succesfully and the PCM3008 is detected.
> Immediately after that, however, the ethernet port goes down and both
> the link and activity leds turn off.
>
> We backported the 2.6.29 ALSA source to no avail.
>
> Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?  Is there some 'gotcha'
> interaction between these two peripherals that we weren't aware of?
> Googling has turned up nothing.

Some of the audio pins for AXR0 are pinmuxed with RMII.  Perhaps pinmux
conflict can be the issue?

Regards,

Steve