DOM messed up after loading new #app-content as TemplateResponse via Ajax

DOM messed up after loading new #app-content as TemplateResponse via Ajax

marmuDev
Dear hopefully more experienced app developers,

I split up my app in several part.* templates to be loaded, when clicked
on a navigation link.

When loading another template into my #app-content my DOM gets messed
up. There is another content-wrapper within the app-content-wrapper.
Resulting in redundant header, nav and content wrapper in app-content.

I checked my DIVs and everything seems ok. The TemplateResponses seem to
return more than there is coded into them. I got a hint on the IRC
channel to check my main template and the part.* templates. Still no
luck. Is there maybe a common mistake I'm overlooking?

main.php:
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/templates/main.php
part.navigation.php:
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/templates/part.navigation.php
part.recent.php:
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/templates/part.recent.php
part.help.php:
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/templates/part.help.php
navigation.js:
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/js/navigation.js

my app (quite messy) on github: https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck

Would be awesome if someone could take a short look into my code. Any
hint is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Marcus

Re: DOM messed up after loading new #app-content as TemplateResponse via Ajax

Bernhard Posselt-2
Your problem is the TemplateResponse itself here
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/controller/pagecontroller.php

You have to pass in the renderAs parameter which needs to be blank
because otherwise it will return a fully render the full ownCloud interface
More in here:
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/developer_manual/app/controllers.html#templates

Apart from that I'd recommend to use clientside templates

Some other quick things:
*
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/controller/pagecontroller.php#L100
is done automatically for you and can be removed
*
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/controller/pagecontroller.php#L105
use listTrashBin($dir='', $sort='name', $sortdirection=false)
*
https://github.com/marmuDev/oc-app-bck/blob/master/controller/pagecontroller.php#L121
Don't use the header method but return a Response with the
Http::STATUS_NOT_FOUND and get rid of the exit()
* You should get rid of private apis like OC_Log, and pass the stuff
into the constructor like log, translation, userId by using their public
interfaces. Check this for a complete listing
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/developer_manual/app/container.html#predefined-core-services