Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

CJ Keist
Why there is a difference between the desktop clients an apps for
Android and iOS?  The desktop clients are restricted to viewing only
contents in the clientsync folder, whereas the apps have full access to
everything on your account on the OC server.  It would be nice to have
the desktop client have same access as the apps do.  Maybe that could be
an option to add to the desktop clients?

--
C. J. Keist                     Email: [hidden email]
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'

Re: Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

Chris-3

Re: Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

Chris-3

Re: Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

CJ Keist
I'm on Mac OSX running 1.4.1 and it is only showing me the contents in
my clientsync folder.

On 9/30/13 11:31 AM, Chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which version of the sync client are you using?
>
> The default sync point to /clientsync was removed
> some versions ago (IIRC 1.3.0) and now the sync client is
> always syncing the / (root dir) of your installation
> as a default.

C. J. Keist                     Email: [hidden email]
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'

Re: Desktop clients only see clientSync folder

CJ Keist
I see now. I had to remove my current which was going to clientsycn
folder and re-add with the root of my OC account.

Thanks...