Developers handbook

Stefan Nagtegaal
Is there anyone with some spare time, who could write a page on how to get your hands dirty and provide core patches?

As i am new to Github (as probably others who would like to contribute), I can not seem to get how to work on the master-branch and provide patches/diffs to provide bugfixes and new features.

Having a little tutorial to help people going would be nice..

Kind regards,

Stefan

Re: Developers handbook

Bernhard Posselt
On 03/18/2013 07:43 AM, Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:
Is there anyone with some spare time, who could write a page on how to get your hands dirty and provide core patches?

As i am new to Github (as probably others who would like to contribute), I can not seem to get how to work on the master-branch and provide patches/diffs to provide bugfixes and new features.

Having a little tutorial to help people going would be nice..

Kind regards,

Stefan

http://doc.owncloud.org/server/master/developer_manual/app/intro/gettingstarted.html#using-development-version-recommended

For patching and bugfixes, just provide pull requests (see github help)

Re: Developers handbook

Bernhard Posselt
On 03/18/2013 11:26 AM, Bernhard Posselt wrote:
On 03/18/2013 07:43 AM, Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:
Is there anyone with some spare time, who could write a page on how to get your hands dirty and provide core patches?

As i am new to Github (as probably others who would like to contribute), I can not seem to get how to work on the master-branch and provide patches/diffs to provide bugfixes and new features.

Having a little tutorial to help people going would be nice..

Kind regards,

Stefan

http://doc.owncloud.org/server/master/developer_manual/app/intro/gettingstarted.html#using-development-version-recommended

For patching and bugfixes, just provide pull requests (see github help)
And please file a bug in the documentation repo and write in there what and how youd like the handbook to look like

Re: Developers handbook

Thomas Tanghus
On Monday 18 March 2013 07:43 Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:

> Is there anyone with some spare time, who could write a page on how to get
> your hands dirty and provide core patches?
>
> As i am new to Github (as probably others who would like to contribute), I
> can not seem to get how to work on the master-branch and provide
> patches/diffs to provide bugfixes and new features.
>
> Having a little tutorial to help people going would be nice..
>
> Kind regards,

The Github tutorials are very good:
https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus

Re: Developers handbook

Steffen Lindner
Am 3/18/13 11:57 AM, schrieb Thomas Tanghus:

> On Monday 18 March 2013 07:43 Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:
>> Is there anyone with some spare time, who could write a page on how to get
>> your hands dirty and provide core patches?
>>
>> As i am new to Github (as probably others who would like to contribute), I
>> can not seem to get how to work on the master-branch and provide
>> patches/diffs to provide bugfixes and new features.
>>
>> Having a little tutorial to help people going would be nice..
>>
>> Kind regards,
>
> The Github tutorials are very good:
> https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo
> https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests