Embedded web browser

James McGloin
Can anyone suggest to me a suitable open source web browser that can be
ported to the DM355 or DM6446.

Kind regards

James McGloin

Embedded web browser

Leon Woestenberg
Hello James,

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM, James McGloin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest to me a suitable open source web browser that can be
> ported to the DM355 or DM6446.
>
> lighttpd.

As James pointed out to me, I was not reading.
Glad he chose lighttpd as the server though :-)

I suggest Midori as a lightweight browser but there are (lots) more.

Regards
Leon

Embedded web browser

Deepak Mundra
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Leon Woestenberg <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hello James,
>
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM, James McGloin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest to me a suitable open source web browser that can be
> > ported to the DM355 or DM6446.
> >
> > lighttpd.
> >
> As James pointed out to me, I was not reading.
> Glad he chose lighttpd as the server though :-)
>
> I suggest Midori as a lightweight browser but there are (lots) more.

Thanks for the pointer .. .. I read that it is under EXPAT licesnse  .. and
I din find option to cross build to arm in configure file

> Regards
> --
> Leon

Embedded web browser

James McGloin
Deepak, Leon,
                        I am having a look at the Dillo web browser that
works with FLTK, it seems that there is a bit of a hack to get it
running on arm, I would love to hear from anyone who has implemented a
web browser on Davinci.

Kind regards

James

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM, James McGloin <[hidden email]>wrote:

>  Deepak, Leon,
>
>                         I am having a look at the Dillo web browser that
> works with FLTK, it seems that there is a bit of a hack to get it running on
> arm, I would love to hear from anyone who has implemented a web browser on
> Davinci.

Yea im already looking into it ..  It is using python scripts to configure
.. So i have to go through it ..

>  Kind regards
>

> James

Embedded web browser

Caglar Akyuz
On Friday 06 November 2009 12:05:29 James McGloin wrote:
> Deepak, Leon,
>                         I am having a look at the Dillo web browser that
> works with FLTK, it seems that there is a bit of a hack to get it
> running on arm, I would love to hear from anyone who has implemented a
> web browser on Davinci.

What GUI toolkit and window manager are you planning to use?

Caglar

> Kind regards
>
> James

Embedded web browser

Koen Kooi
On 06-11-09 11:05, James McGloin wrote:
> Deepak, Leon,
>
> I am having a look at the Dillo web browser that works with FLTK, it
> seems that there is a bit of a hack to get it running on arm, I would
> love to hear from anyone who has implemented a web browser on Davinci.

dillo is nice if you are only visiting webpages created in 1995. I would
advice to using something webkit based like midori or arora (both are
already available for armv5te from the binary feeds of the Angstrom
distribution) and stay away from anything mozilla based (unless you
spend some $$$$ and make the gecko engine run on the DSP).

regards,

Koen