Error while compiling on OSX Yosemite

EamonnDH
client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:109:26: error: use of

      undeclared identifier 'preferencePanelCount'

    setCurrentPanelIndex(preferencePanelCount() - 1 - 2);

Anybody got any ideas?

Originally had this issue: https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/3891#issuecomment-143582030
Though once I got it to use the correct libiconv.dylib, I ran into this issue. after running make.
Please help!

Re: Error while compiling on OSX Yosemite

Jocelyn Turcotte

> On 03 Oct 2015, at 16:05, EamonnDH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:109:26: error: use of
>
>      undeclared identifier 'preferencePanelCount'
>
>    setCurrentPanelIndex(preferencePanelCount() - 1 - 2);
>
> Anybody got any ideas?
>
> Originally had this issue:
> https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/3891#issuecomment-143582030
> Though once I got it to use the correct libiconv.dylib, I ran into this
> issue. after running make.
> Please help!

The src/3rdparty/qtmacgoodies submodule got its remote changed a little while ago and this unfortunately doesn’t get updated if you only do git submodule update. So try running this and try building again:

git submodule sync
git submodule update

Cheers,
Jocelyn

Re: Error while compiling on OSX Yosemite

EamonnDH
Thanks for the idea, I ran it, the git commands ran with no obvious output, then I tried to make again. Starting from a empty client-build folder, and I got the exact same issue. Any other ideas folks?

Re: Error while compiling on OSX Yosemite

EamonnDH
client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:109:26: error:
      use of undeclared identifier 'preferencePanelCount'
    setCurrentPanelIndex(preferencePanelCount() - 1 - 2);
                         ^
client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:119:5: error:
      use of undeclared identifier 'insertPreferencesPanel'
    insertPreferencesPanel(0, accountIcon, displayName, accountSettings);
    ^
client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:130:13: error:
      use of undeclared identifier 'removePreferencesPanel'
            removePreferencesPanel(p);
            ^

Just tried to build again, with a fresh pull of owncloud, on a different mac, following the instructions provided. Exactly the same problem.
What is happening? Please help.

Re: Error while compiling on OSX Yosemite

Jocelyn Turcotte

> On 07 Oct 2015, at 01:06, EamonnDH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:109:26: error:
>      use of undeclared identifier 'preferencePanelCount'
>    setCurrentPanelIndex(preferencePanelCount() - 1 - 2);
>                         ^
> client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:119:5: error:
>      use of undeclared identifier 'insertPreferencesPanel'
>    insertPreferencesPanel(0, accountIcon, displayName, accountSettings);
>    ^
> client/src/gui/settingsdialogmac.cpp:130:13: error:
>      use of undeclared identifier 'removePreferencesPanel'
>            removePreferencesPanel(p);
>            ^
>
> Just tried to build again, with a fresh pull of owncloud, on a different
> mac, following the instructions provided. Exactly the same problem.
> What is happening? Please help.

Ah master is the default branch and it’s possible that it’s not currently in a good shape, everybody is working on the 2.0 branch at the moment.

You could try again by doing a checkout of the last release’s code before building, with this command:

git checkout v2.0.1