Feature Enhancement

csiebert
It would be nice to be able to limit the # of times a file can be download by a public user from a shared link.

It also would be nice to be able to have a expiration on a login account as well.
and be able to easily just disable the user.

Can we also get a way to shutdown access to the weblogin portal only from the outside, and only people on the internal network can get to the login screen.   This Way there is less of an attack area.

Just a Couple of Thoughts and features that would be cool.

Re: Feature Enhancement

Frank Karlitschek-3

it's recommended to add feature request as issues to the github core repo so they are not forgotten. It's always possible to implement special features like this as separate apps if they are not important for most users by the way.

Frank

On 28.08.2013, at 18:01, csiebert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It would be nice to be able to limit the # of times a file can be download by
> a public user from a shared link.
>
> It also would be nice to be able to have a expiration on a login account as
> well.
> and be able to easily just disable the user.
>
> Can we also get a way to shutdown access to the weblogin portal only from
> the outside, and only people on the internal network can get to the login
> screen.   This Way there is less of an attack area.
>

> Just a Couple of Thoughts and features that would be cool.

Re: Feature Enhancement

Lennart Rosam
On 2013-08-28 18:11, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's recommended to add feature request as issues to the github core
> repo so they are not forgotten. It's always possible to implement
> special features like this as separate apps if they are not important
> for most users by the way.

Will this be possible with the upcoming version 6 too? Since apps will
no longer be able to use classes from the OC_* namespace and must use
the OCP* namespace or the App-Framework, the app cannot call
OC_User::deleteUser($uid) if a user account has expired and there is no
public API for that (at least I could not find any).

This is a problem for all apps that wish to be able to create / update /
delete users. I am asking this because I have developed an app that does
interact with the user database for OC 5 (see:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/788) and I don't see how this
could possibly be ported to OC 6.

> Frank
>
> On 28.08.2013, at 18:01, csiebert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice to be able to limit the # of times a file can be
>> download by a public user from a shared link. It also would be nice to
>> be able to have a expiration on a login account as well. and be able
>> to easily just disable the user. Can we also get a way to shutdown
>> access to the weblogin portal only from the outside, and only people
>> on the internal network can get to the login screen. This Way there is
>> less of an attack area. Just a Couple of Thoughts and features that
>> would be cool. -- View this message in context:
>> http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Feature-Enhancement-tp10574.html
>> [1] Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Links:
------
[1] http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Feature-Enhancement-tp10574.html