First beta of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.8.1 available

First beta of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.8.1 available

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

today we announce the availability of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.8.1 beta 1.

So far it contains almost 100 fixes. 60 reported bugs were closed [1].
We also fixed a few crashes found by our new breakpad-based crash
reporting system.

The beta does not contain new features and is scheduled to improve
stability over 1.8.0. Nonetheless, given its early stage, please take
the usual precautions (backups, etc) before testing it.

If you want to give beta 1 a spin, please try
https://owncloud.org/install/#testing. If you find any issues, please
report them at the usual place [2].

Cheers,
  Daniel (for the ownCloud Desktop Client team)

[1]
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues?page=1&q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%221.8.1+-+Bugfix%22+is%3Aclosed
[2] https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues