Freedom in the Cloud - Eben Moglen

Jos Poortvliet
Hi all,

Below is a link to  a talk by Eben Moglen. Who doesn't know him MUST see it,
period. For others - it is about the cloud, it's issues, and what can be done
about it. It's a bit high-level and hypothetical but makes clear where we must
go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEMv0S8AcA

Cheers,
Jos

Freedom in the Cloud - Eben Moglen

cody@killsudo.info
Thanks for the video link,

It is a weird time to watch so much change from a users perspective of the
internet while working with it on the server side. Once I started working on
the server side, I immediately stopped using services such as facebook, gmail,
flickr etc. If I don't have control over it I don't become dependent on it. Any
morning I could wake up and Google may have decide that they were loosing to
much money on Gmail and shut it down and I seriously doubt they would have to
give us a 2nd chance to download emails. While it may not happen I don't
believe in giving up my data rights nor my thin veil of privacy for such
gimmicky services.

Cody