GSOC Syncing Client

Maxime Côté
Hi all,

I'm a student who would like to work on a syncing client for ownCloud during
the Google Summer of Code. I already post my proposal, which you can find
here<http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/maximecote/t126989632813>
 (or here<http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/user/maximecote/copy_proposal_public>
as
I don't know if you need to register in order to see the first one) and I
would like your feedback, thought or comments on my ideas. Any help would be
greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Cheers
Maxime

GSOC Syncing Client

Bugs Bane
Hey Maxime,

It looks like a good proposal, and I *really* hope you get it. I'd
love to see a local client for OwnCloud sooner rather than later! I
just hope that Google's SoC is prepared to fund projects that may
compete with their own services... (hosting your data to target ads at
you)?

Still... they're funding Firefox and Weave, I guess...

On 3/30/10, Maxime C?t? <cote.maxime1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a student who would like to work on a syncing client for ownCloud during
> the Google Summer of Code. I already post my proposal, which you can find
> here<http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/maximecote/t126989632813>
>  (or
> here<http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/user/maximecote/copy_proposal_public>
> as
> I don't know if you need to register in order to see the first one) and I
> would like your feedback, thought or comments on my ideas. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.
>

> Cheers
> Maxime

GSOC Syncing Client

Mario Đanić
Google SoC has nothing to do with projects selection - well, it kinda
does actually, but
I don't think they will get involved in this matter.

I didn't get a chance to review the proposal yet, but I really hope whoever gets
chosen for the KDE task collaborates with me so we would have a common
backend and feature set for both DEs.

Cheers,
Mario