GSoC Idea for myowncloud

Rohan Garg
Hi everyone
I'm Rohan Garg aka shadeslayer on IRC, and i saw [1] yesterday and
thought about taking this idea a bit more further. What i would
ideally like the client to do would be to sync Bookmarks along with
regular files.I would like to hear your thoughts about this before i
start drafting a proposal for GSoC.

A question i have for you guys is, would there be enough time to
implement both of these features or just make the UI Client?

[1] http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#ownCloud
Regards
Rohan Garg

Re: GSoC Idea for myowncloud

Riccardo Iaconelli
On Thursday 17 March 2011 18:23:04 Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I'm Rohan Garg aka shadeslayer on IRC, and i saw [1] yesterday and
> thought about taking this idea a bit more further. What i would
> ideally like the client to do would be to sync Bookmarks along with
> regular files.I would like to hear your thoughts about this before i
> start drafting a proposal for GSoC.
>
> A question i have for you guys is, would there be enough time to
> implement both of these features or just make the UI Client?

With SyncML you kind of get this for free... if you read up a little on the
archives I have already spent millions of words on it... (sorry for the RTFM,
it's not your fault at all, but it's very tiring to try to repeat the same
things over and over ;-) )

Of course, feel free to get in touch with me if you're interested, or for any
doubt. I can surely mentor the C++ side, and we can find somebody for the C++!

By the way, how are others (especially Jakob) doing on this point?

Bye,
-Riccardo

Re: GSoC Idea for myowncloud

Rohan Garg
Right, that is precisely why I required your opinion. Seems it will be
possible to do only one feature during the GSoC period and I will frame my
proposal accordingly.
On Mar 18, 2011 7:03 AM, "Sunil Khiatani" <skhiatani at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest you do one feature at a time. A common mistake programmers make
is that they under estimate their amount of work needed to code.

> Sunil

Re: GSoC Idea for myowncloud

Rohan Garg
Hey Riccardo

I am interested in 2 ideas from the GSoC 2011 Ideas page, the first one
being a UI for myowncloud and the other one being a mobile client for SyncML
and Akonadi [1].So yeah, i'm looking at SyncML too! :D

[1] http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_Mobile_phone_syncing
Regards
Rohan Garg