GSoC proposal: user registration

Pellaeon Lin
Hi all,

I'm a college student in Taiwan and I'd like to participate GSoC of ownCloud.

I have shortly discussed my idea on #owncloud-dev .
Here's my proposal: implement user registration feature as an app, based on https://github.com/Takuto88/owncloud-app-invite

Registration flow:
- new user enters his/her email
- sends verification link to that email address (to verify that it is valid)
- new user clicks on link, sets up display name, password, etc
- ownCloud creates new account

If there is time, some additional features could be added:
- user must enter email address with specific domain in order to receive verification link
- admin panel to view/approve/deny registration requests

I have already made some contributions to ownCloud, here's my github https://github.com/pellaeon/

Thanks!

Re: GSoC proposal: user registration

Alexey Volkov
Hi Lin,
I have just implemented user registration, it works exactly like you propose - sends a link to password setup.

The only problem is that this code is a part of another application which is not completed yet.

If you wish, I can provide you this code and you will make it a standalone app. You will have to add just one template for registration form, mine is at the external web site.

Regards,
Alexey

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:58:12 +0800
From: Pellaeon Lin <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [owncloud-user] GSoC proposal: user registration

[...]

End of User Digest, Vol 1, Issue 4

Re: GSoC proposal: user registration

Pellaeon Lin
Hi Alexey,

Actually I already have a working prototype. I customized ownCloud core to acheive this feature. All I need to do is to convert it into an app.

Thanks for your help!

Any thought from the devs ?

Hi Lin,
I have just implemented user registration, it works exactly like you propose - sends a link to password setup.

The only problem is that this code is a part of another application which is not completed yet.

If you wish, I can provide you this code and you will make it a standalone app. You will have to add just one template for registration form, mine is at the external web site.

Regards,
Alexey

Message: 4

Re: GSoC proposal: user registration

saumyagarg

If possible please send me the code for users registration, I would like to register users in our private ownCloud through external site

Regards
Saumya

saumyagarg / at / yahoo / dot / com

Re: GSoC proposal: user registration