GSoC

Frank Karlitschek
Hi everybody,

this years GSoC is coming up and I think ownCloud should participate again.

It would be good if as many people as possible could help with this to make it successful for ownCloud.

So we need three things at the moment.

Ideas:
Put your ideas and possible GSoC project here:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#ownCloud

Mentors:
We need mentors.
I?m not sure if I have the time to be a mentor again this year.
So if you are interested send me a message.

Students:
We also need students of course.
But please don?t submit your proposals now. We first have to prepare the possible projects.
You find more information here:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas

I hope we can do an even more successful GSoC this year than last year. :-)

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: GSoC

Martin Salzer
Hi,

I have a suggestion for a project: an iCal-Viewer

Right now the owncloud web interface displays ical-Files as text.
Imho it would be nice to be able to get a quick overview over upcoming
dates/todos from the web interface.

I don't think owncloud needs a full-featured dates/todo-manager, such
things already exist "out in the wild".
However simple editing abilites like adding a todo would be nice.

So it would be more like the Kontact-Summary thing and less like Korganizer.

I already started to hack one, but didn't get really far. I have neither
a lot of owncloud experience
nor a lot of free time so my thoughts about the proposal are quite limited.

So feedback is very welcome.

Greetings
Martin

Re: GSoC

Jakob Sack-2
Hello Martin,

I fully agree with you that owncloud needs a _simple_ calendar application.
As soon as my spare time allows I want to write an addressbook application.
Because of the exams period this will not be before april I think.
Just one thought about the pim applications: IMHO it would be really cool to
let the admin decide whether the application acts as a server (writing the
vcards to some webdav folder, acting as a syncml or caldav/carddav server) or
if the application acts a client (caldav/carddav, remote files).
I must admit that I propose this feature because it would perfectly fit in my
environment but probably others would use such a feature, too.
Greetings,

Jakob