Groupmanager draft :)

12

Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
Hey guys,

a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i also
had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions on
it :)

It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some one
has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if she/he
got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.

Please test it and have fun
git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git

Servus
Andy:-)

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Christian Hügel
Hi Andy,

thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests. What
i´ve noticed:

1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
2. some UI issues (see attached file)

I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.

Thx.

Chris

Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:

> Hey guys,
>
> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i
> also
> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions on
> it :)
>
> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some one
> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if she/he
> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>
> Please test it and have fun
> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>
> Servus
> Andy:-)

grpmanag.JPG (57K) Download Attachment

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
Hey Chris,

nice, thanks for feedback :) can you open some issues for that?
Some notes:
1.) yes i thought about that, the outcome was that only admins and
subadmins have the permission to change the systemgroups... and i want
it for everybody :)
2.) uff... jeay thats not nice, i will fix it :)

Servus
Andy:-)

Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:

> Hi Andy,
>
> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
> What i´ve noticed:
>
> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>
> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>
> Thx.
>
> Chris
>

> Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i also
>> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
>> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions on
>> it :)
>>
>> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
>> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some one
>> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if she/he
>> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>>
>> Please test it and have fun
>> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>>
>> Servus
>> Andy:-)

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-4
Hey Andreas, cool! Raghu and you should collaborate – he’s working on
a new front-end for user management.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Andreas Hechenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> nice, thanks for feedback :) can you open some issues for that?
> Some notes:
> 1.) yes i thought about that, the outcome was that only admins and
> subadmins have the permission to change the systemgroups... and i want
> it for everybody :)
> 2.) uff... jeay thats not nice, i will fix it :)
>
> Servus
> Andy:-)
>
> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>> What i´ve noticed:
>>
>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>
>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i also
>>> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
>>> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions on
>>> it :)
>>>
>>> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
>>> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some one
>>> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if she/he
>>> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>>>
>>> Please test it and have fun
>>> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>>>
>>> Servus
>>> Andy:-)

Use a UK English lang pack

david-2

I wanted to customize the English used in ownCloud to UK English. So I
went into the l10n folder of the site root, copied fr to en_GB, then
worked on the .po files in poedit, being sure to set the language,
country, etc. in the files.

But English (United Kingdom) doesn't show up in the list of languages in
the Personal settings page.

Do I need to do something else to make ownCloud recognize the existence
of UK English as opposed to the default English integrated into the
software?

TIA for any pointers, and all the best, :-)

David

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

Thomas Müller
Hi

We maintain translations on transifex.
Any translation related changes need to go through that service.

Thanks

Thomas

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
Hey Chris,

UI issue fixed. If you have time please check it :)

gn8 and Servus
Andy:-)

Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:

> Hi Andy,
>
> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
> What i´ve noticed:
>
> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>
> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>
> Thx.
>
> Chris
>

> Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i also
>> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
>> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions on
>> it :)
>>
>> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
>> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some one
>> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if she/he
>> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>>
>> Please test it and have fun
>> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>>
>> Servus
>> Andy:-)

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

david-2
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. But I'm talking about an en_GB lang pack
personalised for my own needs, with changes that you might not even want
to introduce into the distributed version of ownCloud.

How do I make ownCloud recognise my en_GB lang pack?

It's in /l10n with the correct naming - en_GB - and the individual .po
files contain the correct language information. But it is not showing-up
in the Languages list under the Personal settings.

What else do I need to do, please?

TIA for any info.

David

On 2013-08-14 01:21, Thomas Müller wrote:

> Hi
>
> We maintain translations on transifex.
> Any translation related changes need to go through that service.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

> Von: [hidden email]
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [Owncloud] Use a UK English lang pack
>
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to customize the English used in ownCloud to UK English. So I
>
> went into the l10n folder of the site root, copied fr to en_GB, then
> worked on the .po files in poedit, being sure to set the language,
> country, etc. in the files.
>
> But English (United Kingdom) doesn't show up in the list of languages
> in
> the Personal settings page.
>
> Do I need to do something else to make ownCloud recognize the
> existence
> of UK English as opposed to the default English integrated into the
> software?
>
> TIA for any pointers, and all the best, :-)
>
> David

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

Thomas Müller
I see.

There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during runtime.

Or you maintain your own translations within the php files.

Thomas

Am Mittwoch, dem 14.08.2013 um 3:17 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the reply. But I'm talking about an en_GB lang pack
> personalised for my own needs, with changes that you might not even want
> to introduce into the distributed version of ownCloud.
>
> How do I make ownCloud recognise my en_GB lang pack?
>
> It's in /l10n with the correct naming - en_GB - and the individual .po
> files contain the correct language information. But it is not showing-up
> in the Languages list under the Personal settings.
>
> What else do I need to do, please?
>
> TIA for any info.
>
> David
>
> On 2013-08-14 01:21, Thomas Müller wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We maintain translations on transifex.
> > Any translation related changes need to go through that service.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Thomas

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

david-2
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the information.

In any case, please may I get access to your Transifex project, to work
on the English and the French languages?

For the English, I can harmonize the capitalisation within the strings,
harmonise the spelling (sometimes there's US, sometimes UK), fix the
occasional spelling error, and enhance the formulation of a few of the
strings.

For the French, I noticed that there are a few strings not yet
translated in the 5.0.10 release, and I could fix that.

TIA if so, and all the best,

David

On 2013-08-14 08:51, Thomas Müller wrote:

> I see.
>
> There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
> It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during
> runtime.
>
> Or you maintain your own translations within the php files.
>
> Thomas
>

> Am Mittwoch, dem 14.08.2013 um 3:17 schrieb [hidden email]:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. But I'm talking about an en_GB lang pack
>> personalised for my own needs, with changes that you might not even
>> want
>> to introduce into the distributed version of ownCloud.
>>
>> How do I make ownCloud recognise my en_GB lang pack?
>>
>> It's in /l10n with the correct naming - en_GB - and the individual .po
>> files contain the correct language information. But it is not
>> showing-up
>> in the Languages list under the Personal settings.
>>
>> What else do I need to do, please?
>>
>> TIA for any info.
>>
>> David
>>
>> On 2013-08-14 01:21, Thomas Müller wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > We maintain translations on transifex.
>> > Any translation related changes need to go through that service.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Thomas

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

david-2
Hi Thomas, guys,

On 2013-08-14 08:51, Thomas Müller wrote:
> There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
> It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during
> runtime.

OK, I cd'd into /l10n and executed 'perl l10n.pl' but it returns an
error message:

root:/var/www/owncloud/l10n# perl l10n.pl
Can't locate Locale/PO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at l10n.pl line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at l10n.pl line 3.

Am I supposed to pass it some parameters, or to execute it from a
specific location?

TIA for any help,

David

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
Yes, that would be nice:)

@Raghu did you come to Berlin?

Servus

Am 13.08.2013 17:43, schrieb Jan-Christoph Borchardt:

> Hey Andreas, cool! Raghu and you should collaborate – he’s working on
> a new front-end for user management.
>
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Andreas Hechenberger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Chris,
>>
>> nice, thanks for feedback :) can you open some issues for that?
>> Some notes:
>> 1.) yes i thought about that, the outcome was that only admins and
>> subadmins have the permission to change the systemgroups... and i want
>> it for everybody :)
>> 2.) uff... jeay thats not nice, i will fix it :)
>>
>> Servus
>> Andy:-)
>>
>> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>>> What i´ve noticed:
>>>
>>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>>
>>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Raghu Nayyar-2

Travelling at the moment for that. Will be there 15th afternoon.

On 14 Aug 2013 15:51, "Andreas Hechenberger" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, that would be nice:)

@Raghu did you come to Berlin?

Servus

Am 13.08.2013 17:43, schrieb Jan-Christoph Borchardt:
> Hey Andreas, cool! Raghu and you should collaborate – he’s working on
> a new front-end for user management.
>
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Andreas Hechenberger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Chris,
>>
>> nice, thanks for feedback :) can you open some issues for that?
>> Some notes:
>> 1.) yes i thought about that, the outcome was that only admins and
>> subadmins have the permission to change the systemgroups... and i want
>> it for everybody :)
>> 2.) uff... jeay thats not nice, i will fix it :)
>>
>> Servus
>> Andy:-)
>>
>> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>>> What i´ve noticed:
>>>
>>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>>
>>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

Krieger Thomas
On 14.08.2013, at 11:59, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Thomas, guys,
>
> On 2013-08-14 08:51, Thomas Müller wrote:
>> There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
>> It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during runtime.
>
> OK, I cd'd into /l10n and executed 'perl l10n.pl' but it returns an error message:
>
> root:/var/www/owncloud/l10n# perl l10n.pl
> Can't locate Locale/PO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at l10n.pl line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at l10n.pl line 3.
>

> Am I supposed to pass it some parameters, or to execute it from a specific location?

I think you should install the Locale::PO perl module. You can find it on CPAN here:
http://search.cpan.org/~cosimo/Locale-PO-0.23/lib/Locale/PO.pm

Maybe there are other dependent perl modules you need to install.

Depending on the OS you use it may be possible that you can install a distro package containing the Locale::PO module.

Cheers

Thomas

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Christian Hügel
Hi Andy,

confirmed. Looks great now. Twoe minor suggestion:

1. could you grey out the icon on the left icon bar so that it fits with
the same icon-layout?
2. it would be great if the displayname of the user is also searchable.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Chris

Am 14-08-2013 02:03, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:

> Hey Chris,
>
> UI issue fixed. If you have time please check it :)
>
> gn8 and Servus
> Andy:-)
>
> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>> What i´ve noticed:
>>
>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>
>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i
>>> also
>>> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
>>> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions
>>> on
>>> it :)
>>>
>>> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
>>> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some
>>> one
>>> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if
>>> she/he
>>> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>>>
>>> Please test it and have fun
>>> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>>>
>>> Servus
>>> Andy:-)

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

Jakob Sack-2
Hi David,

you have to install the package "dev-perl/Locale-PO" (in gentoo, name
in other distributions might vary).
See
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/core/translation.html#manual-quick-translation-update
for more details.
Best,

Jakob

Am 14.08.2013 11:59, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi Thomas, guys,
>
> On 2013-08-14 08:51, Thomas Müller wrote:
>> There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
>> It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during
>> runtime.
>
> OK, I cd'd into /l10n and executed 'perl l10n.pl' but it returns an
> error message:
>
> root:/var/www/owncloud/l10n# perl l10n.pl
> Can't locate Locale/PO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2
> /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at l10n.pl line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at l10n.pl line 3.
>

> Am I supposed to pass it some parameters, or to execute it from a
> specific location?
>
> TIA for any help,
>
> David

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Christian Hügel
Hi Andy,

btw, what has number behind the groupname to do? Please see attachement.

Cheers,

Chris

Am 14-08-2013 02:03, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:

> Hey Chris,
>
> UI issue fixed. If you have time please check it :)
>
> gn8 and Servus
> Andy:-)
>
> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>> What i´ve noticed:
>>
>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>
>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> Am 13-08-2013 13:09, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> a few months ago i wrote my plans to write a groupmanager app and i
>>> also
>>> had a discussion with jan (jancborchardt) about this.
>>> I think the main work is done and i want some more eyes and opinions
>>> on
>>> it :)
>>>
>>> It is still under development and not for productive usage yet.
>>> There are also no test because i am not familiar with them. If some
>>> one
>>> has time on the Dev Meeting in Berlin, it would be very nice if
>>> she/he
>>> got in touch with me so we could write some tests together.
>>>
>>> Please test it and have fun
>>> git clone [hidden email]:hechi/groupmanager.git
>>>
>>> Servus
>>> Andy:-)

grpmanag2.JPG (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
ohh... yes :)

1.) yes of course the icon is bad, it was only a 5min draft :) i will
make a better one
2.) okay i will do it at the weekend :)

Servus

Am 14.08.2013 12:32, schrieb Christian Hügel:

> Hi Andy,
>
> confirmed. Looks great now. Twoe minor suggestion:
>
> 1. could you grey out the icon on the left icon bar so that it fits
> with the same icon-layout?
> 2. it would be great if the displayname of the user is also searchable.
>
> Thanks and keep up the good work.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>

> Am 14-08-2013 02:03, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>> Hey Chris,
>>
>> UI issue fixed. If you have time please check it :)
>>
>> gn8 and Servus
>> Andy:-)
>>
>> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>>> What i´ve noticed:
>>>
>>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>>
>>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Groupmanager draft :)

Andreas Hechenberger-2
the number is the "unique group identifier" of each group, you can turn
it off in the settings :)
it can be helpful for bigger installations :)

Am 14.08.2013 14:14, schrieb Christian Hügel:

> Hi Andy,
>

> btw, what has number behind the groupname to do? Please see attachement.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>

> Am 14-08-2013 02:03, schrieb Andreas Hechenberger:
>> Hey Chris,
>>
>> UI issue fixed. If you have time please check it :)
>>
>> gn8 and Servus
>> Andy:-)
>>
>> Am 13.08.2013 13:33, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> thank you for the app. I´ve installed it and done some basic tests.
>>> What i´ve noticed:
>>>
>>> 1. it doesn´t read the groups already present
>>> 2. some UI issues (see attached file)
>>>
>>> I´ll test it for a while more and give you feedback.
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Use a UK English lang pack

david-2
Hi Jakob, guys,

@Jakob, thanks for that advice. OK, installed that, then did 'perl
l10n.pl read' and 'perl l10n.pl write'.

Now I am able to go to Personal and choose 'en_GM' from the languages
list.

Question 1: How do I get my 'en_GB' language (currently listed just
after 'Urdu (Pakistan) to list as 'English (United Kingdom)' and to show
up in its alphabetically-correct position?

Question 2: How do I configure ownCloud to use this English (United
Kingdom) language to be the default used for the site, so that it's
strings get used in the login page?

TIA for any answers, :-)

David

On 2013-08-14 13:45, Jakob Sack wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> you have to install the package "dev-perl/Locale-PO" (in gentoo, name
> in other distributions might vary).
> See
> http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/core/translation.html#manual-quick-translation-update for more details.
> Best,
>
> Jakob
>
> Am 14.08.2013 11:59, schrieb [hidden email]:
>> Hi Thomas, guys,
>>
>> On 2013-08-14 08:51, Thomas Müller wrote:
>>> There is a perl script l10n/l10n.pl which you have to execute.
>>> It will transform pofiles into the php format we are using during
>>> runtime.
>>
>> OK, I cd'd into /l10n and executed 'perl l10n.pl' but it returns an
>> error message:
>>
>> root:/var/www/owncloud/l10n# perl l10n.pl
>> Can't locate Locale/PO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
>> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
>> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at l10n.pl line 3.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at l10n.pl line 3.
>>

>> Am I supposed to pass it some parameters, or to execute it from a
>> specific location?
>>
>> TIA for any help,
>>
>> David

12