Quantcast

Hello Test Pilot program

Hisyl - Guillaume Chéramy
Hello,

    as a new registred in this mailing list I'll go to present me.

I am Guillaume, my pseudo guidtz. I'm a Linux system administrator and the manager of a small society : Hisyl (created in Mars 2015). My job is to provide solution with open source software for my clients.

I works in France in Pays de la Loire in Vendée (there are a lot of holidays beach near my home : Saint Jean de Monts, Pornic, Les Sables d'Olonnes, Noirmoutier ...).

I wants to be in test-pilot program because :
* i want to upgrade my competence with owncloud
* i test often new apps for provide new solutions to my client
* i want to help the community to developpe owncloud because I think is a very good product

For testing I can deploy virtual instance with :
Debian 8
Apache 2.4
PHP 5.6 or PHP 7
MariaDB or Postgres

And for client mode I can deploy virtual instances with Windows to test the sync client.

Thanks

--
logo_hisylHébergement Infogérance Systèmes Libre
Guillaume Chéramy - Gérant

Re: Hello Test Pilot program

Jos Poortvliet
On Saturday 13 February 2016 07:49:37 Hisyl - Guillaume Chéramy wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     as a new registred in this mailing list I'll go to present me.
>
> I am Guillaume, my pseudo guidtz. I'm a Linux system administrator and the manager of a small society : Hisyl (created in Mars 2015). My job is to provide solution with open source software for my clients.
>
> I works in France in Pays de la Loire in Vendée (there are a lot of holidays beach near my home : Saint Jean de Monts, Pornic, Les Sables d'Olonnes, Noirmoutier ...).
>
> I wants to be in test-pilot program because :
> * i want to upgrade my competence with owncloud
> * i test often new apps for provide new solutions to my client
> * i want to help the community to developpe owncloud because I think is a very good product
>
> For testing I can deploy virtual instance with :
> Debian 8
> Apache 2.4
> PHP 5.6 or PHP 7
> MariaDB or Postgres
>
> And for client mode I can deploy virtual instances with Windows to test the sync client.
This is super helpful! We try to share RC's and Beta's here for testing and I'm pushing all the time to have a list of things-to-test in them. Your help is thus super welcome.

Right now, we're doing feature development on the server side and it will take about 6 more weeks until a first Beta comes out, ready for testing. I'll notify the list!

> Thanks
>
> --
> Hébergement Infogérance Systèmes Libre
> Guillaume Chéramy - Gérant
> E-Mail : [hidden email]
> Tel : 0252430209
> Site Internet : http://www.hisyl.fr
> Twitter : https://twitter.com/EIRL_Hisyl
> Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/hisyl.fr

--
Disclaimer:
Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Re: Hello Test Pilot program

Klaas Freitag-3
On 19.04.2016 20:29, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Saturday 13 February 2016 07:49:37 Hisyl - Guillaume Chéramy wrote:

Hi,

>> And for client mode I can deploy virtual instances with Windows to test the sync client.
>
> This is super helpful! We try to share RC's and Beta's here for testing and I'm pushing all the time to have a list of things-to-test in them.

for the client, there is a general test list here:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/wiki/Testing-Scenarios

and in addition we maintain version specific test documents, for example
for the upcoming version 2.2.0 here:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/wiki/Testing-Scenarios-2.2

The procedure is that we hopefully remember to add something to these
docs whenever we close a bug or have a feature done. That often works,
sometimes not.

On a general note: These documents are open for you! If you think
something is missing, add it. Just do it, and if that does not work
because of permission foo, thats a pitty, then drop a mail on this list.

Also, if your experience tells you that the method we do is not
sufficient, please let us know.

Thank you,

Klaas