Help

Kittu Boy
Hello i am new to the world of open source software but i really need to contribute something to the own cloud community,i know some basics of programming .Will you please guide me how to contribute something to the development side

Re: Help

Jonathan Kawohl
Hey Kittu Boy,

nice that you want to contribute!

The best is probably to check for issues with the “label junior jobs"  <a href="https://github.com/owncloud/core/labels/junior job" class="">https://github.com/owncloud/core/labels/junior%20job in the core repository and to pick something and start to work on this.

Kind regards,

On 4. Sep 2017, at 08:06, Kittu Boy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello i am new to the world of open source software but i really need to contribute something to the own cloud community,i know some basics of programming .Will you please guide me how to contribute something to the development side

Re: Help

Emil Lefherz

that is a nice idea! There are some ways how you can start.

Have you already looked at https://owncloud.org/contribute/? There are the easiest ways to begin contributing to ownCloud.

You should consider coming to the ownCloud Conference, it is at the end of September. You can get a nice overview about ownCloud there, and meet people with experience.

I have one last idea: if you want a simple task for the beginning, pick an outdated app from https://apps.owncloud.com/ and look into the code. Try to understand how it works, and then try to install it in a brand-new ownCloud 10; fix the stuff which doesn't work yet, and as soon as it works, publish it on https://marketplace.owncloud.com/. If you succeed, you're an ownCloud app maintainer ;)

Good luck!

Best regards,

Emil
Community Magician

Am 04.09.2017 um 08:06 schrieb Kittu Boy:
Hello i am new to the world of open source software but i really need to contribute something to the own cloud community,i know some basics of programming .Will you please guide me how to contribute something to the development side

Re: Help

Victor Dubiniuk-2

The basics are listed here [1].
This page has a video explaining the contribution process in 5 minutes.

You can start with any already existing issue you like that has a Junior Job label [2].
 I suggest to choose the easiest one just to get used to the process.

[1] https://owncloud.org/contribute/
[2] https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22junior+job%22

Viktar