Quantcast

Help testing ownCloud 9.1

Vincent Petry
Hello Test Pilots !

ownCloud server 9.1.0 beta2 is out. Here are the archives:

- http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-9.1.0beta2.zip
- http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-9.1.0beta2.tar.bz2

Here is a list of the new features and additions for 9.1 which you could
help testing on your specific environments:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features

1) Authentication

The parts that need more thorough testing are the ones related to
authentication:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features#authentication

In this release, a lot of code related to that part was refactored and
improved so this needs regression testing, like checking whether regular
login still works, LDAP login, etc.

Then there's token based authentication for which you can find on a
user's personal page. Create a device token and then use it as password
for the desktop client, mobile client or any other Webdav client.

With token based authentication, try removing sessions in the personal
page to kick out the clients. Disabling users from the command line tool
"occ user:disable" will have the same effect.

To test two factor authentication, you can use this test app:
https://github.com/ChristophWurst/twofactor_test
The app only enables the two factor mode but doesn't send any challenge.
It is intended to test core's two-factor architecture only.

2) Other features

For other features please check the list and the linked tickets which
usually contains a list of steps or an explanation about the feature. If
something is not clear, feel free to ask on this mailing list or ask in
the ticket for detailed test instructions.

3) Regression testing

Make sure that everything still works :-)
For example:
- setup a new server with Apache/Nginx with Sqlite/MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL.
- try updating from an old server instance full of data to this new build.
- try encryption/sharing/versions in any combination still work

4) Test plans

You can find test plans here:
https://github.com/owncloud/QA/tree/master/Server
If something is missing in the QA repo (test steps) or if you there is
something you tested yourself and is missing from the plans, please open
an issue or pull request in https://github.com/owncloud/QA

5) Reporting issues

For any issue you find with the server, please report them here
https://github.com/owncloud/core using the issue template
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/owncloud/core/master/issue_template.md
If the issue is about a specific app like "activity", "gallery", etc
these have their own repository.

If you did not find any issues, you can still answer to this email to
let everyone know what you tested in what environment to confirm that it
all worked fine :-)

Vincent

Re: Help testing ownCloud 9.1

Jürgen Weigert
Linux Packages of 9.1.0~beta2 are there:
https://owncloud.org/release-channels/ 'Beta' and
https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development

cheers, JW-

Am 08.06.2016 um 16:19 schrieb Vincent Petry:
[...]

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: Help testing ownCloud 9.1

Vincent Petry

* This is my setup:
- openSUSE 13.2 x86_64 on a VPS
- ownCloud 9.1.0beta2 from RPM packages
- PHP 5.6.1
- Apache 2.4.10
- only 2 users with a few shares
- a few public links

* Some notes:
- Upgraded from 9.0.2 to 9.1.0beta2 went smoothly
- Calendar syncing seems to work fine (korganizer / Android calendar)
- File syncing within a single share as recipient works
- No problems with encryption
- Device tokens work fine (I created some for desktop, laptop and mobile)
- Session list was a bit full of duplicates, reported here: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/25059

So far I haven't observed any other bug in particular. :-)

Cheers,

Vincent

On 08.06.2016 16:19, Vincent Petry wrote:
[...]

Dave H

I have 9.1.0 beta installed without issues. However, is there a document app available (beta) for this version, the latest document app 9.0 does not work?
thanks
-Dave

Hi,

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13652 (20160615) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
Dave H

Triple8 Network
888-508-2656 x116

Re: Help testing ownCloud 9.1

Vincent Petry
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried the documents app yet, maybe it
needs a bit of tweaking for 9.1.

Mind making a ticket in https://github.com/owncloud/documents ?
Make sure to specify how you installed the app (app store?) and ping me
there.

Cheers,

Vincent

On 15.06.2016 19:46, Dave H wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> You can find test plans here:
>>> https://github.com/owncloud/QA/tree/master/Server
>>> If something is missing in the QA repo (test steps) or if you there is
>>> something you tested yourself and is missing from the plans, please open
>>> an issue or pull request inhttps://github.com/owncloud/QA
>>>

>>> 5) Reporting issues
>>>
>>> For any issue you find with the server, please report them here
>>> https://github.com/owncloud/core  using the issue template
>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/owncloud/core/master/issue_template.md
>>> If the issue is about a specific app like "activity", "gallery", etc
>>> these have their own repository.
>>>
>>> If you did not find any issues, you can still answer to this email to
>>> let everyone know what you tested in what environment to confirm that it
>>> all worked fine :-)
>>>

>>> Please let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Help testing ownCloud 9.1

Dave H
Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to install again so I had the specific steps / errors to reproduce and submit a ticket.

When I tried again, everything worked fine without issue. Not sure what I did wrong.

-Dave

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13656 (20160616) __________

http://www.eset.com

--