How to reply to digest?

Daniel Wunderlich
Hello everybody,

short question: I am very new to mailing-lists and receive this one in
digest mode. What is the common way to replay to mails from that digest
that mailman assigns the reply to the origin mail correctly?

Regards,
Daniel

Re: How to reply to digest?

Thomas Tanghus
On Thursday 16 May 2013 23:03 Daniel Wunderlich wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> short question: I am very new to mailing-lists and receive this one in
> digest mode. What is the common way to replay to mails from that digest
> that mailman assigns the reply to the origin mail correctly?

AFAIK it can't be done. I would recommend not to receive the digest, but get
the single emails instead. This is not a very high volume mailing list.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus

Re: How to reply to digest?

Qingping Hou
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Daniel Wunderlich
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> short question: I am very new to mailing-lists and receive this one in
> digest mode. What is the common way to replay to mails from that digest that
> mailman assigns the reply to the origin mail correctly?

My suggestion is to only subscribe in digest mode if you only want to want to
get the latest news but don't want to participate in discussion. Otherwise,
don't go with digest mode.

Use filter in gmail to automatically move related mails to a folder so you can
still have a clean inbox.

Re: How to reply to digest?

kwillems

Re: How to reply to digest?

Henning Oschwald

On Do, Mai 16 2013, Daniel Wunderlich wrote:

> short question: I am very new to mailing-lists and receive this one in
> digest mode. What is the common way to replay to mails from that
> digest that mailman assigns the reply to the origin mail correctly?

Mailman also supports sending the digested articles as message/rfc822 MIME
attachments.As long as your mail client supports replying to attached
mails, you can reply to the attached mails like you would reply to a
normal mail.

I successfully managed doing that with Mutt and Gnus, but it should also
work with other mail clients.

It might be necessary to switch to MIME digests manually, as for any
reason mailman by default puts all mails into the body of the digest
mail rather than sending them as mime attachments.

But actually I aggree to the recommendation to just disable mail
digesting and just receive the regular mails, and probably filter them
into a separate folder. That's by far the most comfortable solution, in
my opinion.

cheers

  Henning