How to set the timezone of an event in the Web interface?

How to set the timezone of an event in the Web interface?

Peter Chubb
Hi Folks,
   There's a regular conference call I have that's set at 8:00am
   London time --- how do I set the timezone of the event through the
   owncloud web interface?  Depending on whether summer time is in
   force in NSW, Australia (where I am) and the UK (where the event is
   timed) I should see it move between 5pm and 7pm in my view; and my
   friend in London should see it constant at 8am in her view.

   Once I get an event in the calendar in the appropriate timeszone
   (for example, by using a CalDAV client) it appearcs correctly; but
   there seems no way to edit it through the web interface --- it
   flips back to local time on save.  And I can't work out how to
   create an event in a timezone othere than the one I'm viewing the
   calendar in.

   Peter C

Re: How to set the timezone of an event in the Web interface?

Chris-3

Re: How to set the timezone of an event in the Web interface?

Peter Chubb
Doesn't that setting just say what timezone you're currently viewing events in? I want events with different timezones in the one calendar, where that one calendar is shared between users in different timezones.

Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

And I can't work out how to create an event in a
timezone othere than the one I'm viewing the calendar in.

when clicking on the little cogwheel in the upper right of the
calendar (calendar settings) you can choose a timezone
which should be used for this calendar. Have you checked
this option?