How to start app development?

RoboMod
Hi everybody,

today I've got some ideas about nice apps for owncloud. So I looked into
the developer manual. But I'm confused about how to start. There are
multiple pages describing different ways.
So which is the preferred, the "good" way to start app development?

Best
RoboMod

Re: How to start app development?

tharinduDG
Please go through this : http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/tutorial.html
Its all there.
Thank You

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM, RoboMod <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

today I've got some ideas about nice apps for owncloud. So I looked into
the developer manual. But I'm confused about how to start. There are
multiple pages describing different ways.
So which is the preferred, the "good" way to start app development?

Best
RoboMod

Re: How to start app development?

Roman Geber
On 06/05/2013 03:12 PM, RoboMod wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> today I've got some ideas about nice apps for owncloud. So I looked into
> the developer manual. But I'm confused about how to start. There are
> multiple pages describing different ways.
> So which is the preferred, the "good" way to start app development?

Hi,

There are two ways to develep owncloud applications. One uses the
native owncloud API. The simplest way to get started with that is to
look at the sample application.

https://github.com/owncloud/apps/tree/master/apptemplate

Another way is to use the MVC framework which is not part of the OC
standard distribution. To make those run you'd need to install the MVC
framework. To get started check out the manual:

http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/app/index.html#app-development-using-the-app-framework-app

Hope that helps.

cu
Roman

--
Roman Geber
Linux Consultant

B1 Systems GmbH

Re: How to start app development?

RoboMod
Thanks for your quick reply.
I looked up this page. In step 3 ("Create your app") I have to download
the git directory at
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/tree/master/apptemplateadvanced. But I
doesn't exist any more. Is the "normal" apptemplate at
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/tree/master/apptemplate the same?

> Please go through this :
> http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/tutorial.html
> Its all there.
> Thank You
>

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM, RoboMod <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> today I've got some ideas about nice apps for owncloud. So I looked into
>> the developer manual. But I'm confused about how to start. There are
>> multiple pages describing different ways.
>> So which is the preferred, the "good" way to start app development?
>>
>> Best
>> RoboMod

Re: How to start app development?

Bernhard Posselt
It's been superseded by a scaffolding tool see https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud_scaffolding

On 06/05/2013 03:32 PM, Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> It's been superseded by a scaffolding tool see https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud_scaffolding

Hm, guess that means I can delete that app start script I wrote a few
month ago.

cool :)

cu
Roman

--
Roman Geber
Linux Consultant

B1 Systems GmbH

On 06/05/2013 03:36 PM, Roman Geber wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 03:32 PM, Bernhard Posselt wrote:
>> It's been superseded by a scaffolding tool see https://github.com/Raydiation/owncloud_scaffolding
> Hm, guess that means I can delete that app start script I wrote a few
> month ago.
>
> cool :)
>
> cu
> Roman

I have yet to incorporate it into the docs, might as well start fixing
it today :)