How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Jalpreet Singh Nanda
Hi Everyone,

I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on the Gallery App on the following project
So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed some help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on image upload (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when the image is uploaded using sync client. I saw the activity app and came to know that it is able to trigger the hooks even when using the sync client but I am not able to figure out where am I making a mistake.

So, can someone help me out?
@nickvergessen, if you could help me out, it would be great.

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Klaas Freitag-3
On 29.05.2016 09:48, Jalpreet Singh Nanda wrote:

Hi,

> I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on the
> Gallery App on the following project
> <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5789245109174272>.
> So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed some
> help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on image upload
> (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when the image is uploaded
> using sync client. I saw the activity app and came to know that it is able to
> trigger the hooks even when using the sync client but I am not able to figure
> out where am I making a mistake.

The sync client uses HTTP PUT to upload files, similar to what a normal
WebDAV client would do.

Good luck with your project,

Klaas

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Klaus Herberth

you need to make sure, that your app is also loaded on DAV access.
This could probably be done, if you add

<types>
  <filesystem/>
</types>

to your info.xml.

Best regards,
Klaus

Am 29.05.2016 um 09:48 schrieb Jalpreet Singh Nanda:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on
> the Gallery App on the following project
> <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5789245109174272>.
> So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed
> some help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on
> image upload (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when
> the image is uploaded using sync client. I saw the activity app and came
> to know that it is able to trigger the hooks even when using the sync
> client but I am not able to figure out where am I making a mistake.
>
> So, can someone help me out?
> @nickvergessen, if you could help me out, it would be great.

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Jalpreet Singh Nanda
Hi,

On Sun 29 May, 2016 2:04 pm Klaus Herberth, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

you need to make sure, that your app is also loaded on DAV access.
This could probably be done, if you add

<types>
  <filesystem/>
</types>

to your info.xml.

I had already tried this but it didn't trigger the hooks even then if the upload is carried out through the sync client. Do I need to do something other than this also?

Best regards,
Klaus

Thanks and Regards,
Jalpreet Singh Nanda

Am 29.05.2016 um 09:48 schrieb Jalpreet Singh Nanda:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on
> the Gallery App on the following project
> <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5789245109174272>.
> So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed
> some help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on
> image upload (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when
> the image is uploaded using sync client. I saw the activity app and came
> to know that it is able to trigger the hooks even when using the sync
> client but I am not able to figure out where am I making a mistake.
>
> So, can someone help me out?
> @nickvergessen, if you could help me out, it would be great.

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Thomas Müller

Please share the code - best is a link to the github repo holding the code.

Take care,

Tom

Jalpreet Singh Nanda – So, 29. Mai 2016 12:15

> Hi,
>

> On Sun 29 May, 2016 2:04 pm Klaus Herberth, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> you need to make sure, that your app is also loaded on DAV access.
>
> This could probably be done, if you add
>

> <types>
>
>   <filesystem/>
>
> </types>
>

> to your info.xml.
>

> I had already tried this but it didn't trigger the hooks even then
> if the upload is carried out through the sync client. Do I need to
> do something other than this also?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Klaus
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Jalpreet Singh Nanda
>

> Am 29.05.2016 um 09:48 schrieb Jalpreet Singh Nanda:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
>

> > I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on
>
> > the Gallery App on the following project
>
> > <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5789245109174272>.
>
> > So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed
>
> > some help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on
>
> > image upload (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when
>
> > the image is uploaded using sync client. I saw the activity app and came
>
> > to know that it is able to trigger the hooks even when using the sync
>
> > client but I am not able to figure out where am I making a mistake.
>

> > So, can someone help me out?
>
> > @nickvergessen, if you could help me out, it would be great.

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Jalpreet Singh Nanda
Hi,

Media Metadata

I have tried two methods:

1. The first is the new one which is given in the documentation: Master Branch

2. The second is the old one using the static hooks: Version2 Branch

Thanks and Regards,
Jalpreet Singh Nanda

On Sun, 29 May 2016 at 15:59 Thomas Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please share the code - best is a link to the github repo holding the code.

Take care,

Tom

Jalpreet Singh Nanda – So, 29. Mai 2016 12:15
> Hi,
>

> On Sun 29 May, 2016 2:04 pm Klaus Herberth, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> you need to make sure, that your app is also loaded on DAV access.
>
> This could probably be done, if you add
>

> <types>
>
>   <filesystem/>
>
> </types>
>

> to your info.xml.
>

> I had already tried this but it didn't trigger the hooks even then
> if the upload is carried out through the sync client. Do I need to
> do something other than this also?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Klaus
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Jalpreet Singh Nanda
>

> Am 29.05.2016 um 09:48 schrieb Jalpreet Singh Nanda:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
>

> > I am Jalpreet Singh Nanda, a GSoC intern at ownCloud.  I am working on
>
> > the Gallery App on the following project
>
> > <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5789245109174272>.
>
> > So, while working on the project, I have got stuck somewhere and needed
>
> > some help. Actually,  I am currently trying to trigger the hooks on
>
> > image upload (postCreate). It is working for all the cases except when
>
> > the image is uploaded using sync client. I saw the activity app and came
>
> > to know that it is able to trigger the hooks even when using the sync
>
> > client but I am not able to figure out where am I making a mistake.
>

> > So, can someone help me out?
>
> > @nickvergessen, if you could help me out, it would be great.

Re: How to trigger the hooks when using the sync client?

Joas Schilling
Make sure that after adding <filesystem/> to the types you trigger an update for your app increase the version and visit the web UI once.

Am 29.05.2016 um 13:13 schrieb Jalpreet Singh Nanda:
Hi,

Media Metadata <https://github.com/imjalpreet/MediaMetadata>

[...]

Thanks Joas, that worked. I did not know that we have to change the version and update the app in this case.

Thanks and Regards,
Jalpreet Singh Nanda