How translate owncloud.

BILLARD
hey

what's the method for translating all text in owncloud 2 from english to
french ?

I see a lot of file named *.po in en folder but creta fr folder an put
in files in .po with translation don't work.

Thank's

F BILLARD

Re: How translate owncloud.

Bartek Przybylski
there is a localization howto
http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization

2011/7/15 BILLARD <billard at ouvaton.org>:

> hey
>
> what's the method for translating all text in owncloud 2 from english to
> french ?
>
> I see a lot of file named *.po in en folder but creta fr folder an put
> in files in .po with translation don't work.
>
> Thank's
>
> F BILLARD

Re: How translate owncloud.

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-2
I edited and simplified it a bit for translators:

1. Get a po-file editor, for example Lokalize or Gtranslator.

2.1 Language files are in l10n/. If there?s no folder for your language
yet, copy the templates folder, rename it to your language shortcode (fr,
de, ?) & edit file extensions from .pot to .po
2.2 Developers only update the pot files in templates. Use the function of
your program update your po file.

3. Translate

4.1 Create the files used by ownCloud via terminal: cd owncloud/l10n/ &&
perl l10n.pl write
4.2 This script requires Locale::PO, installable via apt-get install
liblocale-po-perl

And thanks for translating!

On Fri, July 15, 2011 12:49, Bartek Przybylski wrote:

> there is a localization howto
> http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization
>
> 2011/7/15 BILLARD <billard at ouvaton.org>:
>> hey
>>
>> what's the method for translating all text in owncloud 2 from english to
>> french ?
>>
>> I see a lot of file named *.po in en folder but creta fr folder an put
>> in files in .po with translation don't work.
>>
>> Thank's
>>
>> F BILLARD

Re: How translate owncloud.

BILLARD

thank's for response, it's ok now I translated five files
admin.po
core.po
help.po
log.po
settings.po

But left menu and buttons are not translate because they are not in
theses files. Are there somes files in another folder?

I will read one more times theses translations, for corrections. and
after must I send the files to you ?

Fran?ois BILLARD

Le 15/07/2011 13:41, Jan-Christoph a ?crit :

> I edited and simplified it a bit for translators:
>
> 1. Get a po-file editor, for example Lokalize or Gtranslator.
>
> 2.1 Language files are in l10n/. If there?s no folder for your language
> yet, copy the templates folder, rename it to your language shortcode (fr,
> de, ?)&  edit file extensions from .pot to .po
> 2.2 Developers only update the pot files in templates. Use the function of
> your program update your po file.
>
> 3. Translate
>
> 4.1 Create the files used by ownCloud via terminal: cd owncloud/l10n/&&
> perl l10n.pl write
> 4.2 This script requires Locale::PO, installable via apt-get install
> liblocale-po-perl
>
> And thanks for translating!
>

> On Fri, July 15, 2011 12:49, Bartek Przybylski wrote:
>> there is a localization howto
>> http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization
>>
>> 2011/7/15 BILLARD<billard at ouvaton.org>:
>>> hey
>>>
>>> what's the method for translating all text in owncloud 2 from english to
>>> french ?
>>>
>>> I see a lot of file named *.po in en folder but creta fr folder an put
>>> in files in .po with translation don't work.
>>>
>>> Thank's
>>>
>>> F BILLARD

Re: How translate owncloud.

Jakob Sack-2
Hi Fran?ois,

some translations are not in po-files. Have a look at the last part of
[1] for more details. You can grep these files with

$ grep 'OC_L10N::selectLanguage' -r *

in you owncloud-folder.
Maybe not all files are prepared for translations. You'll find the text
for the menu entries in */appinfo/app.php . Change

"name" =>"System"

"name" => OC_L10N::selectLanguage( 'en' => 'ENGLISHTEXT', 'fr' =>
'FRENCHTEXT', ... )

That's all. No editing of po-files here.
Thank you for translating!
Cheers,

Jakob

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:37:53 +0200, BILLARD wrote:

> thank's for response, it's ok now I translated five files
> admin.po
> core.po
> help.po
> log.po
> settings.po
>
> But left menu and buttons are not translate because they are not in
> theses files. Are there somes files in another folder?
>

> I will read one more times theses translations, for corrections. and
> after must I send the files to you ?
>

> Fran?ois BILLARD
>
> Le 15/07/2011 13:41, Jan-Christoph a ?crit :
>> I edited and simplified it a bit for translators:
>>
>> 1. Get a po-file editor, for example Lokalize or Gtranslator.
>>
>> 2.1 Language files are in l10n/. If there?s no folder for your
>> language
>> yet, copy the templates folder, rename it to your language shortcode
>> (fr,
>> de, ?)&  edit file extensions from .pot to .po
>> 2.2 Developers only update the pot files in templates. Use the
>> function of
>> your program update your po file.
>>
>> 3. Translate
>>
>> 4.1 Create the files used by ownCloud via terminal: cd
>> owncloud/l10n/&&
>> perl l10n.pl write
>> 4.2 This script requires Locale::PO, installable via apt-get install
>> liblocale-po-perl
>>
>> And thanks for translating!
>>

>> On Fri, July 15, 2011 12:49, Bartek Przybylski wrote:
>>> there is a localization howto
>>> http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization

Re: How translate owncloud.

Jakob Sack-2
[1] http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:55:54 +0200, Jakob Sack wrote:

> Hi Fran?ois,
>
> some translations are not in po-files. Have a look at the last part
> of
> [1] for more details. You can grep these files with
>
> $ grep 'OC_L10N::selectLanguage' -r *
>
> in you owncloud-folder.
> Maybe not all files are prepared for translations. You'll find the
> text
> for the menu entries in */appinfo/app.php . Change
>
> "name" =>"System"

> "name" => OC_L10N::selectLanguage( 'en' => 'ENGLISHTEXT', 'fr' =>
> 'FRENCHTEXT', ... )
>
> That's all. No editing of po-files here.
> Thank you for translating!
> Cheers,
>
> Jakob

Re: How translate owncloud.

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-2
On Fri, July 15, 2011 15:37, BILLARD wrote:
> I will read one more times theses translations, for corrections. and
> after must I send the files to you ?

Yes, ideally have another person proofread - although that will most
likely also happen after it?s committed and in use.

And yes, you can send the files to me after you?re finished (attachments
don?t go through on the mailing list ? or you can upload them to your
ownCloud. I?ll commit them then.

Thanks again!

Re: How translate owncloud.

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-2
Hey Francois,

another guy (Remi Guillot) just said he translated ownCloud to French.
Here are his files:
http://mars.iuk.hdm-stuttgart.de/~jb089/owncloud/apps/files_publiclink/get.php?token=63a89199b81ad7ae3706a8a0f5b3cf707b729f4f
It would be cool if you could counter-check them with your translation.
And when you?re ready feel free to send them to the mailing list. There?s
always changes to be made so the translation does not need to be 100%
ready.

Btw we need to better coordinate translation efforts and make it easier
for new languages to come in. Is there anything planned like using
http://Transifex.net ? (Which is an awesome web interface for
translating.)
I can manage that because I need to use Transifex for another project
already. I?ll probably try out how it works either way and let you know.

On Fri, July 15, 2011 15:37, BILLARD wrote:

> thank's for response, it's ok now I translated five files
> admin.po
> core.po
> help.po
> log.po
> settings.po
>
> But left menu and buttons are not translate because they are not in
> theses files. Are there somes files in another folder?
>

> I will read one more times theses translations, for corrections. and
> after must I send the files to you ?
>

> Fran?ois BILLARD
>
> Le 15/07/2011 13:41, Jan-Christoph a ?crit :
>> I edited and simplified it a bit for translators:
>>
>> 1. Get a po-file editor, for example Lokalize or Gtranslator.
>>
>> 2.1 Language files are in l10n/. If there?s no folder for your language
>> yet, copy the templates folder, rename it to your language shortcode
>> (fr,
>> de, ?)&  edit file extensions from .pot to .po
>> 2.2 Developers only update the pot files in templates. Use the function
>> of
>> your program update your po file.
>>
>> 3. Translate
>>
>> 4.1 Create the files used by ownCloud via terminal: cd owncloud/l10n/&&
>> perl l10n.pl write
>> 4.2 This script requires Locale::PO, installable via apt-get install
>> liblocale-po-perl
>>
>> And thanks for translating!
>>

>> On Fri, July 15, 2011 12:49, Bartek Przybylski wrote:
>>> there is a localization howto
>>> http://owncloud.org/index.php/Localization

Re: How translate owncloud.

Alessandro Cosentino
Yeah, creating a transifex project for ownCloud is an awesome idea!
I assume it will be as easy to use as Launchpad Translations
(https://translations.launchpad.net/).

Alessandro