Quantcast

Install Problem maraiadb

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello,

The first Problem I have found now I have a second Problem with MariaDB

owncloud 9.0.1

The Owncloud Install tell me this

by creating the admin user ?

creating admin
"CentOS 7" an exception occured in driver SQLSTATE[28000][1045]

access denied to the databaseuser@localhost

I tested it with mariadb 5.5 and 10.1

but nothing is working

I make a Test installation on the same Server with  a extra database for
Joomla and this Program can write the admin to the DB, why owncloud not ?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: Install Problem maraiadb

Rob Sterenborg (Lists)
On 23-8-2016 22:30, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first Problem I have found now I have a second Problem with MariaDB
>
> owncloud 9.0.1
>
> The Owncloud Install tell me this
>
> by creating the admin user ?

The admin user is an administrative user of ownCloud that you can use to
perform special tasks within ownCloud. This is once you've got ownCloud
working.
This is not the same as the database username that ownCloud uses to
connect to the MySQL or MariaDB database server.

> creating admin
> "CentOS 7" an exception occured in driver SQLSTATE[28000][1045]
>
> access denied to the databaseuser@localhost

So either there is no database user called 'databaseuser'@'localhost',
or the database user does not have the correct permissions to use the
owncloud database.

> I tested it with mariadb 5.5 and 10.1

Indeed, because the database user does not exist or does not have the
correct permissions.

You should be able to find all information you need here:
(And you can also Google this information..)
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.1/admin_manual/configuration_database/linux_database_configuration.html

> but nothing is working

It will work if you create the database user and configure ownCloud to
use it. It's in file config/config.php.

--
Rob

Re: Install Problem maraiadb

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the Help

This is my first time to install owncloud ..... ;-)

Am Dienstag, 23. August 2016, 23:31:57 schrieb Rob Sterenborg:

> On 23-8-2016 22:30, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The first Problem I have found now I have a second Problem with MariaDB
> >
> > owncloud 9.1
> >
> > The Owncloud Install tell me this
> >
> > by creating the admin user ?
>
> The admin user is an administrative user of ownCloud that you can use to
> perform special tasks within ownCloud. This is once you've got ownCloud
> working.
> This is not the same as the database username that ownCloud uses to
> connect to the MySQL or MariaDB database server.

Yes, this is known, Thanks

> > creating admin
> > "CentOS 7" an exception occured in driver SQLSTATE[28000][1045]
> >
> > access denied to the databaseuser@localhost

> So either there is no database user called 'databaseuser'@'localhost',
> or the database user does not have the correct permissions to use the
> owncloud database.

I tested it now local and can connect to mariadb "mysql -u databaseuser -p"
without Errors. The Mariadb is on the same KVM  System then owncloud ?

The permissions is set from owncloud, or ?

> > I tested it with mariadb 5.5 and 10.1
>
> Indeed, because the database user does not exist or does not have the
> correct permissions.

Is this a mistake (?) my database user have a "oc" in front ?  I mean I have
read something about this ?

> You should be able to find all information you need here:
> (And you can also Google this information..)
> https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.1/admin_manual/configuration_database/linu
> x_database_configuration.html

Thanks for the link, but I found it before ;-).

> > but nothing is working
>
> It will work if you create the database user and configure ownCloud to
> use it. It's in file config/config.php.

I mean inside it is something wrong ?

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'updatechecker' => false,
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'cloud.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.at',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/owncloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.at/owncloud',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '9.1.0.15',
  'dbname' => 'owncloudDB',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
);

i miss the db user ? can this a Problem, i named the user "ocuser", OK this
can I change and check ?

Thanks for a answer,

On 2016-08-24 12:07, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> Thanks for the Help
>
> This is my first time to install owncloud ..... ;-)

NP..

> I tested it now local and can connect to mariadb "mysql -u databaseuser -p"
> without Errors. The Mariadb is on the same KVM  System then owncloud ?
>
> The permissions is set from owncloud, or ?

It doesn't matter where the database server is, as long as you can login
to it. If it's on the same server as ownCloud, then I usually use
127.0.0.1 to connect to. The MySQL user should then be
'databaseuser'@'127.0.0.1'. For you it can be different.

>> It will work if you create the database user and configure ownCloud to
>> use it. It's in file config/config.php.
>
> I mean inside it is something wrong ?
>
> <?php
> $CONFIG = array (
[...]
>    'dbtype' => 'mysql',
>    'version' => '9.1.0.15',
>    'dbname' => 'owncloudDB',
>    'dbhost' => 'localhost',
>    'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
> );
>
> i miss the db user ? can this a Problem, i named the user "ocuser", OK this
> can I change and check ?

What you need is this:

   'dbtype' => 'mysql',
   'dbname' => 'owncloud',
   'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
   'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
   'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
   'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',

ownCloud needs to know:
- The type of database connection (MySQL),
- Where to connect to (hostname/IP address),
- The username,
- The password,
- The database to use.

--
Rob

Re: Install Problem maraiadb

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the answer,

Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2016, 15:14:31 schrieb Rob Sterenborg:
> On 2016-08-24 12:07, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > This is my first time to install owncloud ..... ;-)
>
> NP..
:-)

> > I tested it now local and can connect to mariadb "mysql -u databaseuser
> > -p"
> > without Errors. The Mariadb is on the same KVM  System then owncloud ?
> >
> > The permissions is set from owncloud, or ?
>
> It doesn't matter where the database server is, as long as you can login
> to it. If it's on the same server as ownCloud, then I usually use
> 127.0.0.1 to connect to. The MySQL user should then be
> 'databaseuser'@'127.0.0.1'. For you it can be different.

OK, now I can start owncloud BUT

I mean it is something broken with the Start / Install config with owncloud ??

> >> It will work if you create the database user and configure ownCloud to
> >> use it. It's in file config/config.php.

YES, but ONLY with config/config.php

> [...]
>
> >    'dbtype' => 'mysql',
> >    'version' => '9.1.0.15',
> >    'dbname' => 'owncloudDB',
> >    'dbhost' => 'localhost',
> >    'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
> >
> > );
> >
> > i miss the db user ? can this a Problem, i named the user "ocuser", OK
> > this
> > can I change and check ?
>
> What you need is this:
>
>    'dbtype' => 'mysql',
>    'dbname' => 'owncloud',
>    'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
>    'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
>    'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
>    'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',

When I set  dbuser dbpassword, here, the installation create the owncloud
ADMIN with Password  in the Database

Is this "normal" that we have a clear TEXT password inside the config.php?

> ownCloud needs to know:
> - The type of database connection (MySQL),
> - Where to connect to (hostname/IP address),
> - The username,
> - The password,
> - The database to use.

YES, but why can't owncloud  write the dbuser and dbpassword

the dbname , dbtype, dbhost and dbtableprefix are written correct?

Thanks for the Help,

On 2016-08-24 16:13, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> OK, now I can start owncloud BUT
>
> I mean it is something broken with the Start / Install config with owncloud ??

Not that I know of...

> YES, but ONLY with config/config.php

Well, yes. That is where you need to configure this.
It may not be what you expect or what you would like, but that is how it is.

>> What you need is this:
>>
>>     'dbtype' => 'mysql',
>>     'dbname' => 'owncloud',
>>     'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
>>     'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
>>     'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
>>     'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',
>
> When I set  dbuser dbpassword, here, the installation create the owncloud
> ADMIN with Password  in the Database
>
> Is this "normal" that we have a clear TEXT password inside the config.php?

Yes.

>> ownCloud needs to know:
>> - The type of database connection (MySQL),
>> - Where to connect to (hostname/IP address),
>> - The username,
>> - The password,
>> - The database to use.
>
> YES, but why can't owncloud  write the dbuser and dbpassword
> the dbname , dbtype, dbhost and dbtableprefix are written correct?

Somehow I think I don't understand the problem.
If you give ownCloud the credentials to login to MariaDB and if you have
given the database user correct permissions, ownCloud should be able to
create all tables during the initial setup, and all should be fine WRT
the database.

This is probably written for some older ownCloud, but AFAIK the basics
are still the same:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-owncloud-and-configure-owncloud-apps-on-an-ubuntu-12-04-vps

--
Rob

Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2016, 22:59:59 schrieb Rob Sterenborg:

> On 2016-08-24 16:13, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > OK, now I can start owncloud BUT
> >
> > I mean it is something broken with the Start / Install config with
> > owncloud ??
> Not that I know of...

> > YES, but ONLY with config/config.php
>
> Well, yes. That is where you need to configure this.
> It may not be what you expect or what you would like, but that is how it is.
> >> What you need is this:
> >>     'dbtype' => 'mysql',
> >>     'dbname' => 'owncloud',
> >>     'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
> >>     'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
> >>     'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
> >>     'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',
> >
> > When I set  dbuser dbpassword, here, the installation create the owncloud
> > ADMIN with Password  in the Database
> >
> > Is this "normal" that we have a clear TEXT password inside the config.php?
>
> Yes.
>
> >> ownCloud needs to know:
> >> - The type of database connection (MySQL),
> >> - Where to connect to (hostname/IP address),
> >> - The username,
> >> - The password,
> >> - The database to use.
> >
> > YES, but why can't owncloud  write the dbuser and dbpassword
> > the dbname , dbtype, dbhost and dbtableprefix are written correct?
>
> Somehow I think I don't understand the problem.
> If you give ownCloud the credentials to login to MariaDB and if you have
> given the database user correct permissions, ownCloud should be able to
> create all tables during the initial setup, and all should be fine WRT
> the database.
;-)
I would like to say with the install / configure script at start
with version 9.1 or is it 9.2 ? it is only written

'dbtype' => 'mysql',
'dbname' => 'owncloud',
'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',

but this lines are missing

'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',

So owncloud can't connect  / find the DB and tell me cryptic Errors.

When I include / setup this two rows in the /config/config.php

owncloud is writing the admin-user to the DB and start correct?

> This is probably written for some older ownCloud, but AFAIK the basics
> are still the same:
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-owncloud-and
> -configure-owncloud-apps-on-an-ubuntu-12-04-vps

Thanks.

On 2016-08-26 11:35, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:

>> Somehow I think I don't understand the problem.
>> If you give ownCloud the credentials to login to MariaDB and if you have
>> given the database user correct permissions, ownCloud should be able to
>> create all tables during the initial setup, and all should be fine WRT
>> the database.
> ;-)
> I would like to say with the install / configure script at start
> with version 9.1 or is it 9.2 ? it is only written
>
> 'dbtype' => 'mysql',
> 'dbname' => 'owncloud',
> 'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
> 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
>
> but this lines are missing
>
> 'dbuser' => 'TheDBUserHere',
> 'dbpassword' => 'ThePasswowrdHere',
>
> So owncloud can't connect  / find the DB and tell me cryptic Errors.

Indeed. Because ownCloud doesn't know what user/pass you have configured
to login to MariaDB.

> When I include / setup this two rows in the /config/config.php
> owncloud is writing the admin-user to the DB and start correct?

Then it should be able to, yes.

>> This is probably written for some older ownCloud, but AFAIK the basics
>> are still the same:
>> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-owncloud-and
>> -configure-owncloud-apps-on-an-ubuntu-12-04-vps
>
> Thanks.

According to this website you should be able to configure the MySQL
connector via the initial setup, and that is also what I remember is
something I have done a couple of years ago. But IIRC you should also be
able to put the user/pass in the config.php file yourself.

Anyway, there is a lot of documentation on how to setup ownCloud, so you
should be able to follow the docs and have a working ownCloud.
If this all fails, I suggest you remove the current ownCloud install and
start over to be able to start fresh.

--
Rob