Quantcast

LDAP User merging

Greg Harris
I’ve got an old AD setup linked via LDAP, and a new LDAP server set up and configured.  The uid and cn are not the same between the systems, because, well, Microsoft.  How messed up am I going to make things by changing the new LDAP user’s owncloud_name and directory_uuid match the AD user’s owncloud_name and directory_uuid and keeping both users?  At some point, hopefully in the very near future, I’d ideally delete the old AD users from the table, but the existing UUID and owncloud_name, (which seem to be the same down the line), are what it seems be that I’m interested in keeping in.

Thanks,

Greg Harris