Mac sync client can not save password for a NIS network account

Mac sync client can not save password for a NIS network account

Stefan Vollmar
Hello,

we seem to have a problem with one Mac user who uses a network home directory and the current sync client 1.4.1. That MacOS 10.6.8 system has been set up for NIS authentication. While this is not a problem with our regular (local) Mac accounts, here we observe that the OwnCloud sync client can not save the user's password resulting in a connection loss whenever the user's screen is in auto-lock. Is there a way to fix this other than using a local account?

Many thanks in advance,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.