Meetings ?

François K.
Hey !

This email may sound special. Its goal isn't to be rude, I'm just trying to make things a bit more alive.
In one word, I think the project needs to be more organized (please see no offense in what I'm writing). For example, I know there is a bunch of questions that have never been answered concerning ownCloud (and I also have mine) and that might stuck some people.

For example, there is a roadmap for the next version (versioning, sharing, sync client,...) but :
- the wiki would need an update,
- who does what and how ?

Also, using a templating system has been discussed a bit, but noone took a decision. Same for coding style, files organization, and so on...

I know you guys probably don't have as much time as you'd want, so here is another proposal : what about planning an IRC meeting on a weekly basis, with defined topics according to our roadmap / priorities ? We just have to find something like 2 hours in a week to discuss those topics, assign tasks, help each others, vote when/if necessary... and go on, step by step.
I see this as a complementary tool. Subjects can (and should) still be discussed on the mailing-list. This would be a simple weekly milestone.

Well, this is just a proposal, I'm very new with all that and, as a result, I'm maybe too excited about the project :D

Fran?ois

Re: Meetings ?

Frank Karlitschek
Hi,

thanks for your message.

I agree that we should do a developer meeting soon.
I will send an announcement in a few minutes. :-)

On 30.11.2010, at 16:56, Fran?ois K. wrote:

> Hey !
>
> This email may sound special. Its goal isn't to be rude, I'm just trying to make things a bit more alive.
> In one word, I think the project needs to be more organized (please see no offense in what I'm writing). For example, I know there is a bunch of questions that have never been answered concerning ownCloud (and I also have mine) and that might stuck some people.
>
> For example, there is a roadmap for the next version (versioning, sharing, sync client,...) but :
> - the wiki would need an update,
> - who does what and how ?
>
> Also, using a templating system has been discussed a bit, but noone took a decision. Same for coding style, files organization, and so on...
>
> I know you guys probably don't have as much time as you'd want, so here is another proposal : what about planning an IRC meeting on a weekly basis, with defined topics according to our roadmap / priorities ? We just have to find something like 2 hours in a week to discuss those topics, assign tasks, help each others, vote when/if necessary... and go on, step by step.
> I see this as a complementary tool. Subjects can (and should) still be discussed on the mailing-list. This would be a simple weekly milestone.
>
> Well, this is just a proposal, I'm very new with all that and, as a result, I'm maybe too excited about the project :D
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Fran?ois

Frank Karlitschek