Migrate without los data

Michael Parchet
Hello,
 I synchronize my iphone  (iOS 9.3.5) with an owncloud server.

How don't lows my data if :
1. I update this server to owncloud 8
2 I migrate this server to owncloud 9

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet
Le 14 sept. 2016 à 11:06, Chris <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>> 1. Why you couldn't not fix this know issues ?
>
> Its already fixed in newer versions of the updater app in oC.
>
> But you have already a buggy version of that app which needs the manual
> workaround for a successful update.

Re: Migrate without los data

Chris-3

Re: Upgrade without los data

Michael Parchet
Hello,

I would like to upgrade owncloud server without loss data such as address book calendar and files.

Could you help me please ?

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet

> Le 14 sept. 2016 à 18:21, Chris <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> You're currently mixing two different things:
>
> migration = move the oC installation to a new server
> update = update the oC installation on the same server
>
> I think you first need to know what your want to do before you're doing it
> ;-)

Re: Upgrade without los data

Andrea Croci
Because you said you want to upgrade to OC 8 first, I'm assuming you are
on version 7 now. Look at these instructions, they are very detailed:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/maintenance/upgrade.html

As to avoiding loss of data, the critical point is to make a backup of
your .../owncloud/data directory and of your database. Both are
described in the instructions on how to upgrade, you just have to follow
the corresponding links.

Please also note the sequence of your upgrades: skipping major versions
is not supported and skipping point versions is not a good idea.

Regards.

On 14.09.2016 22:14, Michael Parchet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to upgrade owncloud server without loss data such as address book calendar and files.
>
> Could you help me please ?
>
> Thanks for your support
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet
>
>> Le 14 sept. 2016 à 18:21, Chris <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> You're currently mixing two different things:
>>
>> migration = move the oC installation to a new server
>> update = update the oC installation on the same server
>>
>> I think you first need to know what your want to do before you're doing it
>> ;-)

Re: Migrate without los data

Michael Parchet

> Le 14 sept. 2016 à 18:21, Chris <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> You're currently mixing two different things:
>
> migration = move the oC installation to a new server
> update = update the oC installation on the same server

Hello,

I would like to update my owncloud server from owncloud 8 to owncloud 9 without lose my data  such as address book contact, calendar event and files
If it's not possible I would just update my owncloud 8 server.

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet

> I think you first need to know what your want to do before you're doing it
> ;-)

Re: Migrate without los data

Chris-3

Re: Migrate without los data

Andrea Croci
Hi Chris,

I would be interested in the reason why you wouldn't go for 9.1.0 for
now. That's what I'm using and I don't see any major issue. It there
anything I should know about it?

Thanks,

Andrea.

On 17.09.2016 10:08, Chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> its always possible to update/upgrade without loosing your data. Resources
> how to do that were provided previously by Andrea.
>
> Just make sure that you're doing a good backup and that you don't skip any
> major releases (e.g. 8.1.x to 9.0.x won't work as you will skip 8.2.x).
>
> Overall an upgrade from e.g. 8.0.5 to 9.0.4 (i wouldn't go for 9.1.0 for
> now) is:
>
> 8.0.5 -> latest 8.0.x -> latest 8.1.x -> 8.2.x -> 9.0.4
>
> All releases mentioned are available at https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Re: Migrate without los data

Chris-3