Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

François K.
Hi guys,

I had a little spare time yesterday and I tried to re-work on the sign-in page for ownCloud.
I've been working on this one for a long time and never managed to do something pleasant. Well, I've finally done something not too bad, IMHO.
Please let me know what you think about it. It's here : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html

The others mockups are stored here :
Files         : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/
Logs          : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/logs.html
User settings : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/user_settings.html (little CSS mess here).

Any comment welcome :)
Have a nice day,

Fran?ois

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Robin Appelman
Looks great

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:39, Fran?ois K. <daitheflu at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I had a little spare time yesterday and I tried to re-work on the sign-in page for ownCloud.
> I've been working on this one for a long time and never managed to do something pleasant. Well, I've finally done something not too bad, IMHO.
> Please let me know what you think about it. It's here : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html
>
> The others mockups are stored here :
> Files ? ? ? ? : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/
> Logs ? ? ? ? ?: http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/logs.html
> User settings : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/user_settings.html (little CSS mess here).
>
> Any comment welcome :)
> Have a nice day,
>
> --
> Fran?ois

Making the web a weirder place, one mail at a time

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Oluf Lorenzen

nice work :) let me add some suggestions:

> http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html

- dont add space between "sign in" and ":" (dont do that anywhere :))
- move the "Sign In" from above the login into the submit-button
- make the submit-button float right

> The others mockups are stored here :
> Files         : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/

- missing images for [upload] and [share] ;)

> Logs          : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/logs.html

- nice :)

> User settings : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/user_settings.html

- float the input-fields left, the submit-button can stay right
- keep the values of the same things togehter
not: You're currently using 72% of your 10GB space (7.2GB).
but: You're currently using 72% (7.2GB) of your 10GB space.

Regards,
        /Oluf
--
Bitte beachten Sie, dass dem Gesetz zur Vorratsdatenspeicherung zufolge
jeder elektronische Kontakt mit mir sechs Monate lang gespeichert wird.

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is retained
for a period of six months.

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Aqeel Zafar
Hey,

Nice work, love the design, especially the login page.

There is one small problem, when you click on the arrow to open file's context
menu at files page - http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/ the menu opens on
the right of the arrow, which makes user scroll to the right to view full
menu. If it opens on left, it can save user from scrolling.

Other than that, I would love to see it as default theme for owncloud.\

Regards.

--
Aqeel Zafar
http://aqeeliz.com

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

François K.
Hi Oluf,

Thanks for your comments and ideas :)
I commented below.

----- "Oluf Lorenzen" <finkregh at mafia-server.net> a ?crit :

> - dont add space between "sign in" and ":" (dont do that anywhere :))

I think it depends on your language rules. In french, for example, you *have to* add a space before and after a ":".
I think the rule is different for german (still, not sure). I don't know the rule for english but i18ners should correct this if I'm wrong :)

This leads me to another question : do we have i18n facilities in ownCloud ?

> - move the "Sign In" from above the login into the submit-button

Done. I'll update the mockup this evening.

> - make the submit-button float right

This is probably going to be a problem. The form takes the whole horizontal space and is automatically centered.
If we want to have something right align, we'll have to specify a width for the form. I'll give it a try and see what I can do.
I wanted to keep everything centered for this particular form.

> > The others mockups are stored here :
> > Files         : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/
>
> - missing images for [upload] and [share] ;)

Yep, I know but I couldn't find good ones for those buttons :/

> > User settings :
> http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/user_settings.html
>
> - float the input-fields left, the submit-button can stay right

As I said, there is a little bug with the CSS I uploaded yesterday evening. I'll correct this tonight :)

> - keep the values of the same things togehter
> not: You're currently using 72% of your 10GB space (7.2GB).
> but: You're currently using 72% (7.2GB) of your 10GB space.

You're right, I'll correct this.

Thanks again !

Fran?ois

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Frank Karlitschek
Really good work!!

On 10.02.2011, at 09:39, Fran?ois K. wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I had a little spare time yesterday and I tried to re-work on the sign-in page for ownCloud.
> I've been working on this one for a long time and never managed to do something pleasant. Well, I've finally done something not too bad, IMHO.
> Please let me know what you think about it. It's here : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html
>
> The others mockups are stored here :
> Files         : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/
> Logs          : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/logs.html
> User settings : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/user_settings.html (little CSS mess here).
>
> Any comment welcome :)
> Have a nice day,
>
> --
> Fran?ois

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Riccardo Iaconelli
On Thursday 10 February 2011 09:39:39 Fran?ois K. wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a little spare time yesterday and I tried to re-work on the sign-in
> page for ownCloud. I've been working on this one for a long time and never
> managed to do something pleasant. Well, I've finally done something not too
> bad, IMHO. Please let me know what you think about it. It's here :
> http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html

With my oxygen hat on... great work! :)

Bye,
-Riccardo

Re: Mockup (4 - Sign In page)

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
2011/2/10 Fran?ois K. <daitheflu at free.fr>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a little spare time yesterday and I tried to re-work on the sign-in page for ownCloud.
> I've been working on this one for a long time and never managed to do something pleasant. Well, I've finally done something not too bad, IMHO.
> Please let me know what you think about it. It's here : http://www.kubler.org/owncloud-mockups/login.html
I really like it, I agree with Oluf about the submit button (and its
position), and when the username input get focus the "username"
placeholder text should disappear.
But it's really cute.

--
Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca