Need help building the windows owncloud client

Need help building the windows owncloud client

Amin Bohio

Hello to All the developers,

I hope you all are doing alright. I have been trying to build the windows client from both opensuse 13.2 and windows itself but I haven't had much luck. I was able to compile one of the sources on opensuse but when i execute it, it asks for "libcrypto-38.dll" which is no where to be found. Kindly, help.

Re: Need help building the windows owncloud client

Markus Goetz
This DLL file is part of OpenSSL.
Are you following the latest instructions? Is the DLL in the .exe
directory or in %PATH%?
For build help you might have a good chance asking on
#owncloud-client-dev on irc.freenode.net or
https://central.owncloud.org/c/help/desktop-file-sync

--
Woboq GmbH | https://woboq.com/
Geschäftsführer: Markus Goetz, Olivier Goffart

Re: Need help building the windows owncloud client

Daniel Molkentin
Hi Amin,

On 08.08.2016 10:32, Amin Bohio wrote:

> Hello to All the developers,
>
> I hope you all are doing alright. I have been trying to build the
> windows client from both opensuse 13.2 and windows itself but I
> haven't had much luck. I was able to compile one of the sources on
> opensuse but when i execute it, it asks for "libcrypto-38.dll" which
> is no where to be found. Kindly, help.

Please follow
https://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/building.html#windows-installer-build-cross-compile
closely. If you are using the correct repositories, you should not face
any problems. If there are more questions, try to post more details on
ownCloud Central as suggested by Markus.

Cheers,
  Daniel

ownCloud GmbH, GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff
Leipziger Platz 21, 90491 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)