New Place for Configs?

Sascha Manns
Hello Mates,

atm i'm using the Package of owncloud in the openSUSE BuildService.
But after every update i must set all Settings new. So it is possible to
split the Config files to /etc/owncloud?

Or is it a better Solution to set "noreplace" in the Package? If yes,
which are the Configfile who we can "noreplace"?
--
Sincerely Yours

Sascha Manns
open-slx Community & Support Agent
openSUSE Membership Comitee
openSUSE Marketing Team

Blog: http://saigkill.wordpress.com
German Community Portal: http://community.open-slx.de

Re: New Place for Configs?

Klaas Freitag
Am Montag 31 Januar 2011, 09:40:43 schrieb Sascha Manns:

Hi Sascha,

> atm i'm using the Package of owncloud in the openSUSE BuildService.
> But after every update i must set all Settings new. So it is possible to
> split the Config files to /etc/owncloud?
There is patching needed, as the config file is currently read only from
$SERVERROOT/config/config.php
which you see if you do a
grep config.php -r .
in the owncloud directory. The reason for that is that owncloud offers
this nice web page to enter the initial config values. These could not
be written in /etc/owncloud

For easier distro integration, a bit of logic would be fine that checks
if there is a owncloud.conf in /etc and uses it before it uses its 'own'
values in the conf dir.

> Or is it a better Solution to set "noreplace" in the Package? If yes,
> which are the Configfile who we can "noreplace"?
I guess its, as said, $SERVERROOT/config/config.php

What are you planning actually?

regards,

Klaas

Re: New Place for Configs?

Sascha Manns
Hello Klaas,

nice to see you there :-)

Klaas Freitag <freitag at kde.org> wrote at Monday 31 January 2011:

> For easier distro integration, a bit of logic would be fine that
> checks if there is a owncloud.conf in /etc and uses it before it
> uses its 'own' values in the conf dir.
>
> > Or is it a better Solution to set "noreplace" in the Package? If
> > yes, which are the Configfile who we can "noreplace"?
>
> I guess its, as said, $SERVERROOT/config/config.php
>
> What are you planning actually?
I'm just writing from Users View. We have already one great owncloud
Packager (Andrej Semen) and a new Packager isn't needed.

I just try out to find a Solution which allows me to leave (don't now a
better word. Meant is the german "behalten") my Data after a Package
Update.

Have a nice day @all