OC 7

Mark - Syminet

Hello, just a quick note to check in - I upgraded a Debian system here to sid (unastable) and then apt-get install OC 7 packages from experimental.  These were RC4 packages.  The upgrade went fine and so far, so good.  This fixed a bunch of other issues we had seen with OC 6.0.4 so hopefully debian devs will get the stable release migrated to testing soon.

I see OC 7.0.0 has now landed in experimental, having some issues getting it upgraded but this is a debian thing not an owncloud thing.  Will check in after that gets upgraded since this package I guess will be the one to make it into testing next.

Anyway just wanted to report in that so far, so good.  Thanks much!

Mark

Strange that they call them RC4 packages even thought here was no RC4...

Cheers,

Vincent

On 07/24/2014 06:18 PM, Mark Symonds wrote:

> Hello, just a quick note to check in - I upgraded a Debian system here to sid (unastable) and then apt-get install OC 7 packages from experimental.  These were RC4 packages.  The upgrade went fine and so far, so good.  This fixed a bunch of other issues we had seen with OC 6.0.4 so hopefully debian devs will get the stable release migrated to testing soon.
>
> I see OC 7.0.0 has now landed in experimental, having some issues getting it upgraded but this is a debian thing not an owncloud thing.  Will check in after that gets upgraded since this package I guess will be the one to make it into testing next.
>
> Anyway just wanted to report in that so far, so good.  Thanks much!
>
> Mark

OC 7

Mark - Syminet

hah!  Well, must admit I assumed it from the package name:

mark at oc:~$ dpkg -s owncloud |egrep 'Sta|Ver'
Version: 7.0.0~rc4~+dfsg-1
mark at oc:~$

?must have been some other reason for ?rc4? in there.  :-)  7.0.0 release
has already been uploaded:

mark at oc:~$ apt-cache show owncloud |grep Ver
Version: 7.0.0+dfsg-1
Version: 7.0.0~rc4~+dfsg-1
mark at oc:~$

?but having a little trouble getting it installed atm (*not* an OC problem,
debian experimental dependencies issue - the packages is brand new).  Going
to report back to them, hopefully we can get it up to debian testing ASAP.

Best -

Mark

?
GPG: 2048R/966057BB