OC5 rescan filesystem

Christian Hügel
Hi,

is there a way to start a rescan of the filesystem in OC5. I have a
couple of inconsisten folders and i would like to clean them up.

Thx,

Chris

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Guillaume Paumier
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Christian Hügel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> is there a way to start a rescan of the filesystem in OC5. I have a
> couple of inconsisten folders and i would like to clean them up.

I don't think there's a way to do that directly from the user
interface, but you can still do it by running

scanFiles();

from a JavaScript console.

HTH,

--
Guillaume Paumier

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Craig Sawyer

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> is there a way to start a rescan of the filesystem in OC5. I have a
> couple of inconsisten folders and i would like to clean them up.

I don't think there's a way to do that directly from the user
interface, but you can still do it by running

scanFiles();

from a JavaScript console.

HTH,

--
Guillaume Paumier

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Norman Rieß
Am 19.03.2013 16:37, schrieb Guillaume Paumier:
> I don't think there's a way to do that directly from the user
> interface, but you can still do it by running
>
> scanFiles();
>
> from a JavaScript console.
>
> HTH,

This used to work. It does not in OC 5.
Bugreports an Mails on this list did not came up with an answer to that yet.

Norman

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Norman Rieß
Am 14.03.2013 19:31, schrieb Christian Hügel:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to start a rescan of the filesystem in OC5. I have a
> couple of inconsisten folders and i would like to clean them up.
>
> Thx,
>
> Chris

Just found this in the forum:

"Just login to your mysql database and issue : TRUNCATE oc_filecache;
Then login from the webinterface and the files will reappear."

Works for me.

Norman

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-3
Thanks for finding that, Norman!

Chris, does that solution work for you?

On 20.03.2013, at 08:10, Norman Rieß <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 14.03.2013 19:31, schrieb Christian Hügel:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to start a rescan of the filesystem in OC5. I have a
>> couple of inconsisten folders and i would like to clean them up.
>>
>> Thx,
>>
>> Chris

> Just found this in the forum:
>
> "Just login to your mysql database and issue : TRUNCATE oc_filecache;
> Then login from the webinterface and the files will reappear."
>
> Works for me.
>
> Norman

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

DetroitMC
Hi there,

some time went by, so is there any real working rescan feature?
And...truncating the database file casn surely be done via php - wich code would i need?

thx

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Chris-3

Administratively disable a user

Masaki Kawabata Neto
Hi,
Is there a way to administratively disable a user?
I mean, disable user by using admin account? But not deleting the files,
just denying access while the account is disabled.

Thanks
Masaki

Re: OC5 rescan filesystem

Trey Nolen

On 08/28/2013 09:43 AM, Chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> some time went by, so is there any real working rescan feature?
> in OC 5.0.10 the occ / console.php tool was added which now
> supports rescanning the filesystem from your command line.
> You should note that this tool gets an bugfix in OC 5.0.11
> which fixes this:
>
> - Scanner: additional tests for reusing etags during scanning
> http://owncloud.org/releases/Changelog

Is there any documentation regarding the console.php tool?  I have not
found any.

Trey Nolen

Re: Administratively disable a user

Stefan Vollmar
Dear Masaki,

> Is there a way to administratively disable a user?
> I mean, disable user by using admin account? But not deleting the files, just denying access while the account is disabled.

administrators can set that user's password to some suitable random string. As long as the new password remains unknown to that user this would solve your problem.

Best regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Head of IT group

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Administratively disable a user

Erwin Rennert
On 08/29/2013 10:15 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:

> Dear Masaki,
>
>> Is there a way to administratively disable a user? I mean, disable
>> user by using admin account? But not deleting the files, just
>> denying access while the account is disabled.
>

> administrators can set that user's password to some suitable random
> string. As long as the new password remains unknown to that user this
> would solve your problem.

Sorry, but this will not work if users are authenticated against LDAP or
the unix user backend and similar. If this is the case, the admin cannot
change the password.

As I believe this to be a sensible request, I have opened an issue on
Github: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/4636

- Erwin

> Best regards, Stefan

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Erwin Rennert, IT Services
Center for Social Innovation

A-1150 Wien, Linke Wienzeile 246
Austria, Europe

Phone: ++43-1-495 04 42 - 61
Facsimile: ++43-1-495 04 42 - 40
http://www.zsi.at/

!DSPAM:521f1e1a89001130315458!

Em 29/08/2013 07:10, Erwin Rennert escreveu:

> On 08/29/2013 10:15 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:
>> Dear Masaki,
>>
>>> Is there a way to administratively disable a user? I mean, disable
>>> user by using admin account? But not deleting the files, just
>>> denying access while the account is disabled.
>>

>> administrators can set that user's password to some suitable random
>> string. As long as the new password remains unknown to that user this
>> would solve your problem.
>
> Sorry, but this will not work if users are authenticated against LDAP
> or the unix user backend and similar. If this is the case, the admin
> cannot change the password.
>
> As I believe this to be a sensible request, I have opened an issue on
> Github: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/4636
>
> - Erwin
>

>> Best regards, Stefan

I´ve commented the issue at github.
Thanks.
Hi, this is relevant in my case because we used to have some temporary
external user account that share files with our users. At some time, the
user of this account must not have access to it but the files need to be
shared for a while.

Masaki

Re: Administratively disable a user

Markus Westerhausen
Hi Masaki,

that sounds like a great usage fort he anonymous upload feature.

Best regards,

Markus