OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

hoorna
I use OC several years now and upgraded several times from version 6 to version 8.1.1 (on this moment). Great piece of software!!

In the database table oc_filecache I find very much entries to files that no longer exist in the data-directory. So I used the "php occ files:cleanup" command.
As a result I got: "0 orphaned file cache entries deleted". The database table oc_filechache seems to be unchanged.

Is this normal behaviour (and do I have the wrong expectations) or is this a bug? How can I cleanup the filecache or isn't this nessecary?

Thanks for the reply

Re: OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

Vincent Petry
files:clean is for entries that have no matching entry in oc_storages.

What you're looking for is probably "files:scan --all".

On 28.08.2015 12:55, Alfred van Hoorn wrote:
I use OC several years now and upgraded several times from version 6 to version 8.1.1 (on this moment). Great piece of software!!

In the database table oc_filecache I find very much entries to files that no longer exist in the data-directory. So I used the "php occ files:cleanup" command.
As a result I got: "0 orphaned file cache entries deleted". The database table oc_filechache seems to be unchanged.

Is this normal behaviour (and do I have the wrong expectations) or is this a bug? How can I cleanup the filecache or isn't this nessecary?

Thanks for the reply

Re: OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

hoorna
I got your point. Then I have two addiotional questions:
1) Will I loose my shared links with the "files:scan -all"
2) The oc_storages table have several entries to external storages (dropbox and google drive) with are no longer actual/valid. Will files:scan delete that entries too and if not, can I delete these entries manually without problems?

Re: OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

Vincent Petry
Hi,

1) "./occ files:scan --all" will not touch existing valid files if they
already have entries in oc_filecache.
However it should remove files from oc_filecache that don't exist any
more on disk.
If on disk there are new files, it will add them to oc_filecache.
So your shares will stay.

2) files:scan does NOT delete oc_storages entries. If you have old
unused entries you can delete them manually and rerun occ files:clean
afterwards.

Cheers,

Vincent

On 28.08.2015 14:58, Alfred van Hoorn wrote:

> I got your point. Then I have two addiotional questions:
> 1) Will I loose my shared links with the "files:scan -all"
> 2) The oc_storages table have several entries to external storages
> (dropbox and google drive) with are no longer actual/valid. Will
> files:scan delete that entries too and if not, can I delete these
> entries manually without problems?

Thanks for your explanation: it is perfectly clear now!! I will give it
a try.

Cheers,
Alfred

>1) "./occ files:scan --all" will not touch existing valid files if they
>already have entries in oc_filecache.
>However it should remove files from oc_filecache that don't exist any
>more on disk.
>If on disk there are new files, it will add them to oc_filecache.
>So your shares will stay.
>
>2) files:scan does NOT delete oc_storages entries. If you have old
>unused entries you can delete them manually and rerun occ files:clean
>afterwards.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Vincent
>
>On 28.08.2015 14:58, Alfred van Hoorn wrote:
>>  I got your point. Then I have two addiotional questions:
>>  1) Will I loose my shared links with the "files:scan -all"
>>  2) The oc_storages table have several entries to external storages
>>  (dropbox and google drive) with are no longer actual/valid. Will
>>  files:scan delete that entries too and if not, can I delete these
>>  entries manually without problems?

As you suggested I ran "files:scan --all" (on my Synology Diskstation
where ownCloud is installed). There are two issues which I do not
understand:

1) While the "files:scan" is running I got many, many times the
following message. I do not know what it means and I don't know if this
eventually leads to problems/errors (in the database tables):

           stat: invalid option -- 'c'
           BusyBox v1.16.1 (2015-06-29 18:12:44 CST) multi-call binary.

           Usage: stat [OPTIONS] FILE...

           Display file (default) or filesystem status

                   -f      Display filesystem status
                   -L      Follow links
                   -t      Display info in terse form

2) After running "files:scan --all" I found entries in the oc_filecache
database-table (for directories, subdirectories and files) from users
which are already deleted (also in the table oc_users). This seems to me
as a bug. What can I do about it?

In advance thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Alfred

>Thanks for your explanation: it is perfectly clear now!! I will give it
>a try.
>
>Cheers,
>Alfred

1) Not sure what the "stat" problem is.
@Icewind1991 do you have an idea ?

2) Did you see the files:scan --all command scan non-existing users ?

Are you running OC 8.1.1 or an older version ?
Can you post how one of such entry looks like, does its path start with
"/$user/files/" or does the path start at the user's root ?

Cheers,

Vincent

On 28.08.2015 18:26, Alfred van Hoorn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you suggested I ran "files:scan --all" (on my Synology Diskstation
> where ownCloud is installed). There are two issues which I do not
> understand:
>
> 1) While the "files:scan" is running I got many, many times the
> following message. I do not know what it means and I don't know if
> this eventually leads to problems/errors (in the database tables):
>
>           stat: invalid option -- 'c'
>           BusyBox v1.16.1 (2015-06-29 18:12:44 CST) multi-call binary.
>
>           Usage: stat [OPTIONS] FILE...
>
>           Display file (default) or filesystem status

>                   -f      Display filesystem status
>                   -L      Follow links
>                   -t      Display info in terse form
>
> 2) After running "files:scan --all" I found entries in the
> oc_filecache database-table (for directories, subdirectories and
> files) from users which are already deleted (also in the table
> oc_users). This seems to me as a bug. What can I do about it?
>
> In advance thanks for your reply.
>
> Cheers,
> Alfred

2) The messages are going very fast on my screen during "files:scan
--all". I  don't think I saw non-existing users.
I am running OC 8.1.1.
As you asked I attached a entry of a file which doesn't exist from a
user which is deleted (also in oc_users). The path starts with the
deleted users's root.

Cheers,
Alfred

Entry ownCloud oc_filecache.jpg (33K) Download Attachment

Re: OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

hoorna
@ 2) In oc_storages I found another entry pointing to a storage which is
no longer used. After deleting that entry and rerunning files:cleanup
the oc_filecache entries pointing to file and directories from delete
users are also deleted. Thus this confusion is cleared up.

>2) The messages are going very fast on my screen during "files:scan
>--all". I  don't think I saw non-existing users.
>I am running OC 8.1.1.
>As you asked I attached a entry of a file which doesn't exist from a
>user which is deleted (also in oc_users). The path starts with the
>deleted users's root.
>
>Cheers,
>Alfred

Thanks for the info.

Regarding 2) this is a bug.
The unused storage you saw was actually the "root" storage that points
to the data folder.
It is not supposed to scan into the user's folders, but it still did it
for deleted ones and created the bogus entries.

I raised an issue here https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/18656

Cheers,

Vincent

On 28.08.2015 22:13, Alfred van Hoorn wrote:

> @ 2) In oc_storages I found another entry pointing to a storage which
> is no longer used. After deleting that entry and rerunning
> files:cleanup the oc_filecache entries pointing to file and
> directories from delete users are also deleted. Thus this confusion is
> cleared up.

@Icewind1991. Perhaps you missed the request from Vincent Petry, but are
you willing to look at my issue at 1). Thanks.