Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Carsten Schiefner
Hi.

To whom it may concern: could s/he be in touch please?

It's about adding authentication and authorisation mechanisms to the
server backend.

Thanks in advance - best,

-C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Emil Lefherz
Hi Carsten,

I recommend to ask at talk.owncloud.com - the developers are more active
there.

Best,

Emil

On 21.01.19 19:45, Carsten Schiefner wrote:

> Hi.
>
> To whom it may concern: could s/he be in touch please?
>
> It's about adding authentication and authorisation mechanisms to the
> server backend.
>
> Thanks in advance - best,
>
> -C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Carsten Schiefner
Thanks, Emil -

On 22.01.2019 13:03, Emil Lefherz wrote:
> I recommend to ask at talk.owncloud.com - the developers are more active
> there.

will do.

Best,

        -C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Carsten Schiefner
Emil or to whom else it may concern:

On 22.01.2019 13:03, Emil Lefherz wrote:
> I recommend to ask at talk.owncloud.com - the developers are more active
> there.

it appears that in order to use https://talk.owncloud.com/ one would
need an account on ownCloud's customer portal at
https://portal.owncloud.com/ - which in turn is not possible if one is
not a customer of yours.

Any alternatives?

Thanks & best,

        -C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Michael Stingl @ ownCloud
You can use your GitHub.com account for login

--
Michael Stingl
[hidden email]

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

ownCloud GmbH - GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff
Rathsbergstraße 17, 90411 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

On 22. Jan 2019, at 16:19, Carsten Schiefner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Emil or to whom else it may concern:

On 22.01.2019 13:03, Emil Lefherz wrote:
I recommend to ask at talk.owncloud.com - the developers are more active
there.

it appears that in order to use https://talk.owncloud.com/ one would
need an account on ownCloud's customer portal at
https://portal.owncloud.com/ - which in turn is not possible if one is
not a customer of yours.

Any alternatives?

Thanks & best,

-C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Emil Lefherz
Hi Carsten,

Oh, sorry, no of course you don't need a customer account. Community
contributors can login with GitHub, the button to the left.

Is this feasible for you? If not, maybe we can find another solution.

Best,

Emil

On 22.01.2019 16:23, Michael Stingl @ ownCloud wrote:
> You can use your GitHub.com <http://GitHub.com> account for login

If I only would have one...

I am not a Community Contributor nor have I any means (aka. abilities)
to become one - for the time being I am just a random user with an idea
for extending the backend authentication methods. :-)

Best,

-C.

Re: Off-list contact sought wrt. auth backend

Emil Lefherz
Well, you could also join https://central.owncloud.org and open a topic
there - feature requests/enhancement ideas are always welcome :)

One way or the other, you have to create an account, whether GitHub or
Central is up to you ;) OTOH, you can use a GitHub account to login to
Central, too - so that one would be two birds, one stone :D

Is this helping with getting an overview?

Best,

Emil