Older version of Android client

I am stuck with version 7 of the owncloud server and the current Android client no longer supports this version. Contacting support has not worked since they pointed me to the f-droid store but there the oldest version is 2.9.1 which also does not work with server version 7.

Can anyone tell me:

- Which is the last client version to work with server version 7?

- Where can I download this client version for Android?

Thank you.

Re: Older version of Android client

Emil Lefherz
Hi,

version 2.9 of Android app only supports server version 9.x and newer. I
encourage you to upgrade your server version. Keeping software up to
date is crucial for file integrity and security – if software is
outdated, there can be unfixed bugs. That’s why you should always
upgrade your software when there is a new version.

If you have any question or problem about it, check it in the open forum
or post there whatever you need: https://central.owncloud.org/

If you don’t have the option to upgrade your server, you can get the
2.8.0 version (the latest Android version that supports old server
versions) from F-Droid. To get it, follow these steps:

1. Install the F-droid appstore from http://f-droid.org
2. In F-droid app, tap on “Settings”, placed in the bottom bar.
3. Tap on “Repositories”
4. Enable the option “F-Droid Archive”
using the lens icon on the floating button
6. Scroll down, and in “versions”, get the 2.8.0 version

No guarantee that 2.8.0 specifically works with ownCloud 7 though -
haven't tried it myself.

Let us know if you have any problem or suggestion.

Best Regards,

Emil

On 29.01.19 02:38, H wrote:

> I am stuck with version 7 of the owncloud server and the current Android client no longer supports this version. Contacting support has not worked since they pointed me to the f-droid store but there the oldest version is 2.9.1 which also does not work with server version 7.
>
> Can anyone tell me:
>
> - Which is the last client version to work with server version 7?
>
> - Where can I download this client version for Android?
>
> Thank you.

Re: Older version of Android client

Carlos Damken
ownCloud 7 is almost 5 years old software and end of life about 4 years already.

It would be faster if you install a newer 10.0.10 version and migrate the information. If you don’t have a couple of thousands users and shares you can see in your database on oc_share and oc_share_external  what you have to create manually again. Otherwise you will need assistance to migrate or upgrade your environment.

We recommend you to use the latest versions, that contains all fixes and prevents that you have any data loss.

Best regards,
Carlos

Carlos Damken ([hidden email])
Team Lead Support
owncloud.com
Rathsbergstr. 17, 90411 Nürnberg, Germany
Phone: +49 911 14876181

ownCloud GmbH, GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff
Rathsbergstr. 17, 90411 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

On 01/29/2019 05:21 AM, Carlos Damken wrote:
[...]

That was not the assistance I asked for and was not helpful at all.

On 29.01.19 02:38, H wrote:
I am stuck with version 7 of the owncloud server and the current Android client no longer supports this version. Contacting support has not worked since they pointed me to the f-droid store but there the oldest version is 2.9.1 which also does not work with server version 7.

Can anyone tell me:

- Which is the last client version to work with server version 7?

- Where can I download this client version for Android?

Thank you.

Thank you! Worked like a charm and the only helpful response I have gotten from the owncloud team.