OwnCloud installed on WD MyBookLive

Bjorn Madsen-2
Hello forum,
As there has been questions on whether a raspberryPi can be used as ownCloud Server for Home usage, I think this one might also attract some attention:
http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Installing-OwnCloud-Server-on-My-Book-Live/td-p/561699

Maybe there is a vote for "lightweight" installations in the community docs?

--
Bjorn

Re: OwnCloud installed on WD MyBookLive

hippykilla

This is great!   This inspired me to buy a domain and start a forum for OwnCloud configurations.  I have myself installed ownCloud on some devices and servers you would not expect it to run but it does.   So, I bought OwnCloudConfig.com and installed SMF on it.   It would be great to have a central location dedicated to specific install scenarios and configurations.   If anyone is interested in moderating or being an admin, let me know.  This is installed on a powerful dedicated server sitting on a 10 GB pipe and is way overkill but the server doesn’t has much else on it and I pay for it monthly.   Feel free to start other discussion or post questions.

It’s brand new and shiny.  Have a look and register. http://owncloudconfig.com/

As there has been questions on whether a raspberryPi can be used as ownCloud Server for Home usage, I think this one might also attract some attention:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Installing-OwnCloud-Server-on-My-Book-Live/td-p/561699

Maybe there is a vote for "lightweight" installations in the community docs?

--

Bjorn

Bjorn Madsen
Researcher Complex Systems Research
Ph.: (+44) 0 7792 030 720

Re: OwnCloud installed on WD MyBookLive

hippykilla

Thanks. Lots of views but now postings. I will have to take some time and find some great examples to add to it.  Do you know of any?   Having unlimited space on a shared hosting plan for $3.00 per month running OwnCloud is a nice thing to post. Maybe I will add that one. J